“What difference does it make whether you’re looking at a photograph or looking at a still life in front of you? You still have to look.” Chuck Close
Art Foundations: AVANT Garde Metals work – PLANNING and MAKING day!
- G: 1.2P: Shape an artistic investigation of an aspect of present-day life using a contemporary practice of art or design.
- A: Today we are looking at the progress that you have made in the planning of the work. Your responsibility is going to be working to assemble the pieces and parts of the etched work into the final compete work. What, specifically, are you doing to join the parts together? How are you using all of the ideas of the etching, jump rings, and rivets to make sure it is all done and executed well? SET A GOAL for yourself today and make sure you reflect on it frequently. STAY IN YOUR ASSIGNED SEATS as we work and KEEP THE CONVERSATION at your tables. SO NOT TALK ACROSS THE ROOM.
- G: What were your goals for the day? Did you meet them? Please keep the larger picture in mind as you move forward in the process.
Intro to Painting: Collage and Watercolors – Time to Transfer the image and PAINT.
- G: 2.3Ac: Redesign an object, system, place, or design in response to contemporary issues.
- A: What are the challenges you are facing with the watercolor paintings SO far? We are doing a MID CRITIQUE next time – so make the most of the time you have today to paint.
- G: What have you accomplished with the process today? What are you thinking of doing OUTSIDE of studio to have work to a stage you are PROUD to do a mid critique with? Will you be ready with what you have right now?
Advanced Painting: Built the canvas and LET’S GET PAINTING! Time to start with the materials…
- Understanding of the importance of balancing freedom and responsibility in the use of images, materials, tools, and equipment in the creation and circulation of creative work.
- A: It is your day to PAINT. Please open your handbooks to page 10 and write out what you are planning on STARTING with today and 3 things that you are hoping to accomplish with the artwork.
- G: What have you gotten accomplished today to have demonstrated your STRONG PROGRESS FORWARD with your VERY FIRST oil painting.
Have you been looking at the MoMA Series? I can’t spend enough time with them all. Play them in the background! Let’s take a few minutes on our own to watch this ENTIRE video (QUESTIONS HERE – Turn them in via a SHARE with my email – email@example.com – DUE Friday at 11:59pm)
Click HERE to see works from the past.
Intro to Digital Art: Welcome to YOU! Let’s look at the ideas of YOU!
- G: 5.1Ac: Evaluate, select, and apply methods or processes appropriate to display artwork in a specific place.
- A: Today we are going to Work to RESOLVE the Modernism Image. In Google Drive is the NEXT BIT of HOMEWORK… You are going to begin to look at and choose fonts to use, fonts that you are drawn to.
- G: What were your final thoughts about the self-assessment? What are 3 ways that you feel self assessment can help you grow as an artist?
Advanced Digital Art: Let’s REFLECT with MORE time than LAST time…
- G: 3.1Ad: Reflect on, re-engage, revise, and refine works of art or design considering relevant traditional and contemporary criteria as well as personal artistic vision.
- FINISH OUR MID CRIT: Mid Crit – Let’s FINISH talking about the process of doing a mid critique… What are 3 things about YOUR WORK that you are struggling with? What are 2 things you are pleased with and why? What is 1 thing you are REALLY stuck on and have a solid question about?
- G: What are 3 things that you took away from this MID CRIT today that will help you resolve some issues for next time?