“Goals are the fuel in the furnace of achievement.” Brian Tracy, Eat that Frog
Art Foundations: AVANT Garde Designs and Wearable Art –
- G: 1.2P: Shape an artistic investigation of an aspect of present-day life using a contemporary practice of art or design.
- A: We have completed one solid metals work… ready to move forward? The ideas of the etching, jump rings, rivet… they are all a part of your toolboxes now. As you planned the ideas out for the AVANT GARDE metals work… what are they? Explain to your neighbor and let them explain to you the process, the design, and the ideas you have developed in the work. Write out, in your handbook or on a sticky note the feedback that you get from your partner.
- G: What are your plans for next time? What do you need to do between now and then to make sure you are fully ready to g0? Also… most importantly, what are you going to do to make it AUTHENTICALLY YOURS?
Intro to Painting: Collage and Watercolors – Time to Transfer the image and PAINT.
- G: 5.1Ac: Evaluate, select, and apply methods or processes appropriate to display artwork in a specific place. 2.3Ac: Redesign an object, system, place, or design in response to contemporary issues.
- A: 30 minutes to resolve the abstract watercolors, then onto the rubrics of the watercolor paintings. How is your research coming on the artists of your choice? Remember to research on ONE of the following artists for imagery, technique, approach: Winslow Homer, Charles Demuth, Thomas Eakins, Edward Hopper, Dong Kingman, Reginald Marsh, Charles Sheeler, J.M.W. Turner, Thomas Moran, Georgia O’Keefe, James Whistler, or Andrew Wyeth
- G: What are 5 images you gathered that say something about you? How do they? What are your initial thoughts about the idea of the collage and social commentary?
Advanced Painting: Built the canvas and LET’S GET PAINTING! Time to start with the materials…
Have you been looking at the MoMA Series? I can’t spend enough time with them all. Play them in the background!
Click HERE to see works from the past to help get you inspired for today!
- 2.2Ad: Demonstrate understanding of the importance of balancing freedom and responsibility in the use of images, materials, tools, and equipment in the creation and circulation of creative work.
- A: What about the use of a POWER TOOL makes you a bit nervous? We are going to SAW and BUILD TODAY! BE ready to CONSTRUCT a CANVAS NEXT TIME – Thsi would ALL be better if you ALL came in during your ENRICHMENT PERIODS so we do not lose any CLASS TIME! Plan on that for next week?
- G: What did you learn about the process of building a canvas? This is YOUR SKILL for LIFE now!
Intro to Digital Art: Welcome to YOU! Let’s look at the ideas of YOU!
- G: 5.1Ac: Evaluate, select, and apply methods or processes appropriate to display artwork in a specific place.
- A: Today we are going to Work to RESOLVE the Modernism Image. In Google Drive is the NEXT BIT of HOMEWORK… You are going to begin to look at and choose fonts to use, fonts that you are drawn to.
- G: What were your final thoughts about the self-assessment? What are 3 ways that you feel self assessment can help you grow as an artist?
Advanced Digital Art: Let’s REFLECT with MORE time than LAST time…
- G: 3.1Ad: Reflect on, re-engage, revise, and refine works of art or design considering relevant traditional and contemporary criteria as well as personal artistic vision.
- A: Mid Crit – Let’s talk about the process of doing a mid critique… What are 3 things about YOUR WORK that you are struggling with? What are 2 things you are pleased with and why? What is 1 thing you are REALLY stuck on and have a solid question about?
- G: What are 3 things that you took away from this MID CRIT today that will help you resolve some issues for next time?