EVERYONE! ALL LATE WORK NEEDS TO BE RESOLVED AND DONE BY FRIDAY. WE MUST MOVE ON AND GET GRADES IN. NOTHING ACCEPTED PAST FRIDAY… PERIOD.
“If you don’t like change, you’ll like irrelevance even less” General Eric Shinseki –
Art Foundations: AVANT GARDE: Are you?
- G: 1.2P: Shape an artistic investigation of an aspect of present-day life using a contemporary practice of art or design.
- A: We have completed one solid metals work… ready to move forward? The ideas of the etching, jump rings, rivet… they are all a part of your toolboxes now. As you planned the ideas out for the AVANT GARDE metals work… what are they? Explain to your neighbor and let them explain to you the process, the design, and the ideas you have developed in the work. Write out, in your handbook or on a sticky note the feedback that you get from your partner.
- G: What are your plans for next time? What do you need to do between now and then to make sure you are fully ready to g0? Also… most importantly, what are you going to do to make it AUTHENTICALLY YOURS?
Digital Art: Literature Time – Are You READY!
- G: 1.2Ac: Choose from a range of materials and methods of traditional and contemporary artistic practices to plan works of art and design.
- A: How are you moving forward with the beginning of the illustration? Let’s take a few minutes to talk with your BFF in here and explain the idea behind your work, the progress you have made SO far, and the directions you are going to be making this week.
- What is ONE GOAL for today?
- TAKE NOTE! – You CANNOT use an image of someone else’s without making HUGE changes to it so that it is now your image and no longer theirs.
- G: Looking at the Artist Habits of Mind today, which of them are you finding that you are utilizing and please explain how. This is a time to reflect. One thing to keep in mind is the BIG PICTURE! It is harder to see the big picture when you are looking at a digital screen that is zoomed in close versus a canvas or sheet of paper as a picture plane.
Intro To Painting: Friday! Don’t forget to bring FOOD STUFF for the CRIT.
- G: 2.1Ac: Through experimentation, practice, and persistence, demonstrate acquisition of skills and knowledge in a chosen art form.
- A: Acrylic Painting Techniques. LAST DAY. What struggles / success have you have with the materials in the of Acrylics? Please be specific in the writing of your thoughts. (HANDBOOK PLEASE).
- Today we are assembling the final bits and pieces of the work. Next time we are going to critique the final abstraction painting and the 3 still life paintings that we have been working on. Think about all of the various skills that we worked through. What, from the MANY techniques that we worked through, are you most comfortable with? What of the techniques did you choose to not work with as much? Me? I am not a big fan of the additive… I appreciate it, bit I am not the biggest fan of it.
- G: What have you got to do for next time? What are the aspects of the 4 paintings that you are going to need to resolve, continue to work with in order to be finished for the critique/