“Nobody tells this to people who are beginners, I wish someone told me. All of us who do creative work, we get into it because we have good taste. But there is this gap. For the first couple years you make stuff, it’s just not that good…” Ira Glass
Art Foundations: Metals: Etching, Riveting, Jump Rings and DESIGN
- G: 1.2P: Shape an artistic investigation of an aspect of present-day life using a contemporary practice of art or design.
- A: In your handbook: Looking at the FIRST work of Etching and Cold Joining that you haev completed, what are your thoughts and feelings about the process? How does this work with the plans that you made from the beginning of the process? What are your thoughts about the NEXT ARTWORK that we are going to be making? Avant Garde remember – Out of the box ideas… HERE are some more ideas.
- G: What have you accomplished today in the PLANNING of the work? What do you need to be doing to make sure that the FINAL IDEAS are READY TO ROLL for the next time we meet? I will be ETCHING your work after the next time we get together – so you HAVE TO get in and get yourself ready to work – be prepared!
Digital Art: Literature Time – Are You READY!
- G: 1.2Ac: Choose from a range of materials and methods of traditional and contemporary artistic practices to plan works of art and design.
- A: DAY 3: What Book / Story / Song have you brought in and thought about to use as your inspiration for this ILLUSTRATION in Photoshop? How did things go last time in the process of the DESIGN and BEGINNING of the illustration? MAKE SURE YOU ARE INVESTED in this work. OFTEN a book illustrator has ZERO investment in the book – one doesn’t have to like or dislike the story – but one does have to be able to be invested in the making of a successful image. Ok?
- G: Looking over the process you have what have you accomplished today in the process of ILLUSTRATING the work of “LITERATURE.” How are you making strong artistic choices (look at the Artist Habits of Mind to make a reflection on here).
Intro To Painting: MONDAY! Don’t forget to bring FOOD STUFF!
- G: 2.1Ac: Through experimentation, practice, and persistence, demonstrate acquisition of skills and knowledge in a chosen art form.
- A: When it comes to the ideas of the PORTRAIT.. What are you most afraid of? We will be spending a BRIEF amount of time practicing the features of the portrait – reviewing for most I suppose, but if you haven’t had drawing – this will be new to you.
- G: Prior to next time, you will be responsible for researching a few of the contemporary and historical artists that I have provided you on a list through Google Classroom, this website, and the handout. In Google Classroom / Google Drive – create a SLIDESHOW and make a presentation of the works that you are interested in. You will also need to have a series of PHOTOGRAPHS created of yourself (and they need to be made specifically FOR this assignment).