“Nobody tells this to people who are beginners, I wish someone told me. All of us who do creative work, we get into it because we have good taste. But there is this gap. For the first couple years you make stuff, it’s just not that good…” Ira Glass
Art Foundations: Metals: Etching, Riveting, Jump Rings and DESIGN
- G: 1.2P: Shape an artistic investigation of an aspect of present-day life using a contemporary practice of art or design.
- A: What are your thoughts and feelings about the etching you have been given back? How does this work with the plans that you have made from the beginning of the process? What are your next steps in the process?
- G: What have you accomplished today? The not heat joining is important in the production of the final artwork.
Digital Art: Literature Time – Are You READY!
- G: 1.2Ac: Choose from a range of materials and methods of traditional and contemporary artistic practices to plan works of art and design.
- A: DAY 2: What Book / Story / Song have you brought in and thought about to use as your inspiration for this ILLUSTRATION in Photoshop? How did things go last time in the process of the DESIGN and BEGINNING of the illustration? MAKE SURE YOU ARE INVESTED in this work. OFTEN a book illustrator has ZERO investment in the book – one doesn’t have to like or dislike the story – but one does have to be able to be invested in the making of a successful image. Ok?
- G: Looking over the process you have what have you accomplished today in the process of ILLUSTRATING the work of “LITERATURE.” How are you making strong artistic choices (look at the Artist Habits of Mind to make a reflection on here).
Intro To Painting: PAINTING IN ACRYLICS – WORK TIME and a demo on the next steps…
- G: 2.1Ac: Through experimentation, practice, and persistence, demonstrate acquisition of skills and knowledge in a chosen art form.
- Critique in two class periods – MONDAY! Don’t forget to bring FOOD STUFF!
- A: Acrylic Painting Techniques. DAY 9. Critique Day in ! What
- Jude Rae from Sydney
- Fred Bell Milwaukee
- Jason Rohlf Milwaukee
- We are working the paintings for TECHNIQUES. LEARN THE TECHNIQUES here artists. I have your boards READY to GO! Will you GESSO it? Are you going to COLLAGE? Additive? What’s the next step?
- G: What have you accomplished in the full range and processes of painting? Be prepared to identify the techniques and processes you went through in each. ALSO – Be prepared to begin the ideas of the next painting in studio using acrylics and all the skills you have learned. It is time for our ACRYLIC PORTRAITS. We are RESEARCHING some artists – I’ll have a list for you the DAY AFTER we critique – but here it is for those who want to do a little leg work ahead of time.