“Perseverance is failing nineteen times and succeeding the twentieth.” — Julie Andrews
Art Foundations: SOCIAL COMMENTARY and COLLAGE!
- G: 10.1P: Document the process of developing ideas from early stages to fully elaborated ideas.
- A: What are the SPECIFICS about the SOCIAL TOPIC that you and came up with and you are RESOLVING today?
- G: How do you feel translating the idea of COLLAGE to SCULPTURE is going to be challenging?
Introduction to Painting: Plein Air Book Making
- 1.1Ac: Individually or collaboratively formulate new creative problems based on student’s existing artwork
- 2.1Ac: Through experimentation, practice, and persistence, demonstrate acquisition of skills and knowledge in a chosen art form.
- What were your challenges in the construction of the book you started last time? How do you see yourself being able to use these kinds of skill, construction of an object like a book, in the future? This is more than a one project lesson. Next time… you will bring in a series of SMALL OBJECTS that are personal to you – not expensive – but personal – we will be creating a small still life (we can move the box around, move the still life from time to time so that it is protected and safe between studio times).
- G: What are the challenges you had in the making of this book? Difficulties? Step by Step stuff? And hey… how do you feel about the final work? Let’s sit and write a reflection in pencil inside the book.
Introduction to Digital Art: Portraits and the Camera – Let’s get creative in groups of three! Maybe you incorporate each of you in the work!
- G: 1.1Ac: Individually or collaboratively formulate new creative problems based on student’s existing artwork.
- A: What is so special about the photo you created last time that is making this portrait so interesting? We will have gone over some of the tools that you might have thought of using (brushed, pencils, erasers) but what else can you use in photoshop to create a drawing? LAYERS are important here and I hope that you are using them. This project WILL be printed in FULL COLOR. Make your resolution 300 dpi.
- G: Continue to work with the self – portrait from last time in Adobe Photoshop. What are you taking away from the process of using PHOTOSHOP rather than ILLUSTRATOR to draw? When you come in the time after next… you need to have 5 thumbnails AND the work of “Literature” with you. If you DO NOT HAVE SOMETHING WITH YOU, I will supply you with a work from your English Class (which is fine if you’d like by the way, you are reading it in class).
- Remember the NEXT work of art will be an illustration of another work of art – LITERATURE!
- Here is the set of instructions for the PORTRAITS