What is ART for?
Art Foundations: Social Commentary, Collage, and now… POETRY!
- G: 6.1P: Analyze and describe the impact that an exhibition or collection has on personal awareness of social, cultural, or political beliefs and understandings.
- A: What are you seeing about your collage as being a NEW skill / a NEW understanding / a NEW technique that you might take into the future of your art making toolbox? After we WORK for a bit we are going to be going to the DIGITAL ARTS LAB and begin working on a POETRY and LANGUAGE assignment. Be ready in 20 minutes.
- G: What is the ONE area of the collage that you see yourself as carrying into the BAS RELIEF Sculpture? How do you hope to see this as carrying the SOCIAL COMMENTARY forward? How do you feel translating the idea of COLLAGE to SCULPTURE?
Introduction to Painting: Acrylic and the Still Life
- G: 2.1Ac: Through experimentation, practice, and persistence, demonstrate acquisition of skills and knowledge in a chosen art form.
- A: Acrylic Painting Techniques. Now we begin with acrylic paintings. What objects have you brought in today for the still life. We are going to prep our canvas with a light coat of color to start with and then we will be working in the sketchbooks to create thumbnails for the final composition (we may do a few as we are going to study a number of techniques). Jude Rae is the artist we are going to explore for a while here. Let’s take a look at her works.
- G: What are your thoughts about the works you have sketched out today?
Introduction to Digital Art: Portraits and the Camera – Time to talk about PHOTOSHOP. Let’s Paint, Draw, Gradient, Layer, and so much more!
- G: 1.1Ac: Individually or collaboratively formulate new creative problems based on student’s existing artwork.
- A: Last day to work on the self-portraits. This is an illustration that you are creating – the final portrait will not belong in the final image. At the end of the period – we will submit through Google Classroom and then do a self – assessment. Think about the tools that you were able to learn and use that were NEW to you and that were SIMILAR from Adobe Illustrator.
- G: Continue to work with the self – portrait from last time in Adobe Photoshop. This is the LAST DAY! When you come in next time… you need to have 5 thumbnails AND the work of “Literature” with you. If you DO NOT HAVE SOMETHING WITH YOU, I will supply you with a work from your English Class (which is fine if you’d like by the way, you are reading it in class).