“Perseverance is failing nineteen times and succeeding the twentieth.” — Julie Andrews
Art Foundations: SOCIAL COMMENTARY and COLLAGE!
- G: 10.1P: Document the process of developing ideas from early stages to fully elaborated ideas.
- A: What are you doing to SUCCESSFULLY create a REAL sense of SPACE in your COMPOSITION?
- G: How have you been able to think about your artwork being something that CAN affect how someone who looks at your work and their ideas about your social topic?
Introduction to Painting: Plein Air Book Making
- 7.2Ac: Evaluate the effectiveness of an image or images to influence ideas, feelings, and behaviors of specific audiences.
- What did you take away from the paintings experience last week? What strengths did you see in your paintings ? What challenges did you face going outside of the studio?
Introduction to Digital Art: Portraits and the Camera – Let’s get creative in groups of three! Maybe you incorporate each of you in the work!
- G: 1.1Ac: Individually or collaboratively formulate new creative problems based on student’s existing artwork.
- A: What are the qualities of the portraits that you think about when you see them? What types of portraits are you thinking about for yourself when you want a portrait made? Have you even begun to think about what you are going to do with the background of the image to make a strong photograph (and then a strong drawing) of the photograph? ALSO – When this work of art is DONE (3 class periods) we will begin to illustrate NOT from a photograph, but from our own drawings, gathering of images, our own ideas. Illustration of another work of art – LITERATURE!
- G: PORTRAITS: With a group of three, come up with 3 techniques, tools, approaches to a portrait that you as the model would like to work with for the image? As a group of three – you will 1) hold lighting, 2) Be the Photographer, and 3) be the model for the photograph. We will talk about the cameras for a brief bit in the beginning, then we will be heading down to the painting studio and then out into the building with cameras and lights for 30 minutes (that is 10 minutes per person… so be thinking about the process and the poses that you might want.) Take 5 minutes NOW to look over PORTRAITS in Google to begin to THINK of ideas… you will be using these ideas as IDEAS. Have your sketchbook ready to make notes and quick sketches of the ideas. We will be using an 10” x 8” format in Photoshop – 300 DPI – CMYK.