“If you don’t like change, you’ll like irrelevance even less”
General Eric Shinseki
Drawing: FAUVISM and CONTEMPORARY PORTRAITS!
- 6.1Ac: Make, explain, and justify connections between artists or artwork and social, cultural, and political history.
- What is your reaction to the 1 works of art that is in front of you today. FIRST INITIAL REACTIONS! If you are done with your drawing – this is a day to WRAP up your written critique. If you are still drawing – you have a lot more on your plate in the critique end of things.
Reflection: What did you take away from today’s written critique? SERIOUSLY – What are you taking away from the process of writing about your works?
Studio Art 360: The Grid – Let’s Review…
- 1.2P: Shape an artistic investigation of an aspect of present-day life using a contemporary practice of art or design.
- What is it that makes painting or the “slow arts” scary and intimidating and sometimes put people off from investing time and effort (signing up for class)? WHAT CAN I DO TO HELP ENCOURAGE OTHERS?
Reflection: What is working in the use of the GRID drawing? Name 2 things that are coming along EASILY for you in the process of the transfer?
HERE’s where were headed with this! Andy Warhol at MoMA.
AP Studio Art: Senior Exhibition Time!
- 2.1Ad: Experiment, plan, and make multiple works of art and design that explore a personally meaningful theme, idea, or concept.
- What do you think the skills that you currently have will help you in the process of the artwork?
Reflection: How does your drawing look in your own eyes? What are a few things that you are focusing on to be inspired by the work and not just COPY the work?
- 1.2Ad: Choose from a range of materials and methods of traditional and contemporary artistic practices, following or breaking established conventions, to plan the making of multiple works of art and design based on a theme, idea, or concept.
- How does the freedom of this work 1) put you at ease and 2) scare the heck out of you? N: Series of Artworks on your own. This is NEW and SCARY. Working on your own ENTIRELY! What can you do to start? Let’s sit and chat…
Reflection: What NEW ideas have you come up with today? What advances are you making? This is a FASTER work than you might be used to – WORK in and out of class to continue to resolve this image(s).