#WiArtChat is on TWITTER NEEDS your INPUT! Please visit goo.gl/UvXgQM
“Go and make interesting mistakes, make amazing mistakes, make glorious and fantastic mistakes. Break rules. Leave the world more interesting for your being here. Make. Good. Art.” ~ Neil Gaiman
Painting and Advanced Painting: CANVAS Building
- 7.1Ac: Recognize and describe personal aesthetic and empathetic responses to the natural world and constructed environments.
- How are you coming along in the process of the painting construction? What is a benefit that you can see in learning how to build a canvas? N: Construction of the canvas.
- ONE ADDITION TO THE HANDOUT – RESEARCH A CONTEMPORARY PORTRAIT ARTIST, Write a One Paragraph (or more) Biography about the artist, have 5 images as visual reference with TITLE, SIZE, YEAR, MEDIUM, and have VISUAL REFERENCES to their art in YOUR painting!
Reflection / Evaluation: While there are MANY advantages to the building, what is a disadvantage to the building of a canvas?
Studio Art 360: CLAY! Finally!
- 1.2P: Shape an artistic investigation of an aspect of present-day life using a contemporary practice of art or design.
- What are the MAJOR textures you are hoping to work into your BAS – RELIEF sculpture? How will they help create the idea of SPACE in a somewhat flat (low-relief) picture plane?
Reflection / Evaluation: How are you going to keep the clay from drying out over the evening? What techniques are REALLY important to be using to make sure any ADDITIVE clay really HOLD TIGHT to the clay you are adding it to?
AP Studio Art: Concentration!
Have you looked at the AP Studio Art Portfolio for Inspiration? Here are the AP Studio Art Portfolio Example Pages.
- 3.1Ad: Reflect on, re-engage, revise, and refine works of art or design considering relevant traditional and contemporary criteria as well as personal artistic vision.
- SELF CRITIQUE on Thursday… You will be critiquing your own works – One person will be the comment mark keeper. You will moderate your own work… What is ONE BIG STATEMENT you feel you will make about your own work? EVERYONE speaks about their own work AND about each person’s work.
Reflection / Evaluation: Of all the Edvard Munch works we have seen this week – What was something that TIED THEM ALL TOGETHER? How do you see this idea as being able to help you tie YOUR works together?
Drawing: Google Slideshow
- 2.1Ac: Through experimentation, practice, and persistence, demonstrate acquisition of skills and knowledge in a chosen art form.
- Now that we’ve gone over ALL the facial features – What challenges are you facing in the drawing of the face itself? Be AWARE of the MOST CHALLENGING parts – DO NOT SKIMP on the PRACTICE! FOCUS! N: Proportions on the head / shoulders.
Reflection / Evaluation: What are some REALLY IMPORTANT GUIDELINES that you will be using to make ACCURATE references in the face drawings?