WHO’S FAILING? Whose failing in the attempts but still coming out on top? Whose failing because they are NOT DOING THEIR WORK? HUGE DIFFERENCE!
“Never feel shame for trying and failing, for he who never failed is he who never tried.” – Og Mandino
Painting and Advanced Painting: Painting and Color Schemes
- 2.1Ac: Through experimentation, practice, and persistence, demonstrate acquisition of skills and knowledge in a chosen art form.
- What do you know about the process of using ACRYLIC paints? What are you worried about?
Reflection / Evaluation: What did you do today with ACRYLICS that taught you something? What was that learning? Write out 2 things you NEED TO REMEMBER!
Studio Art 360: Collage and Texture – Romare Bearden
- 2.1P: Engage in making a work of art or design without having a preconceived plan.
- How did you use texture in the previous work that you enjoyed? How could you use the idea to create new works to represent something more?
Reflection / Evaluation: Write a ONE SPECIFIC ASPECT about your work that tells you TOMORROW what you’ll need to remember about the ART of COLLAGE! Describe how you used Frottage, Grattage, and Decalcomania in the work.
AP Studio Art: Figure Drawing Critique – OPEN CANVAS CALENDAR!
- 3.1Ad: Reflect on, re-engage, revise, and refine works of art or design considering relevant traditional and contemporary criteria as well as personal artistic vision.
- What did the NEW ADDITION of TIME with the figure drawing do to help you better realize the image / composition you created? How did the PROCESS help you?
Reflection / Evaluation: As you look back on the development of your composition, what are especially satisfied about? What are 3 things that you feel are successful compositionally? What did you add to the critique?
Drawing: MID CRIT – Look at the RUBRIC
- 7.1Ac: Recognize and describe personal aesthetic and empathetic responses to the natural world and constructed environments.
- What techniques are working for you in this work? How will you talk about the the struggles and successes you are having?
Reflection / Evaluation: What did you LEARN about your work or that of your classmates from today’s critique?