“If you don’t like change, you’ll like irrelevance even less” General Eric Shinsek
AP Studio Art and Advanced Drawing: RELAX and FIGURE DRAW
- 2.1Ad: Experiment, plan, and make multiple works of art and design that explore a personally meaningful theme, idea, or concept.
Larger Drawing Goals:
- Observation (80% – 92% time looking), Guidelines, Concentration, Slow Drawing
- Focus on the figure, Proportions, Scale, Sighting In
- Full Page, Composition
- AP and AdDraw: Figure Drawing is ESSENTIAL to the strong portfolio. Why do you feel that every artist should have a strong background in the world of figure drawing?
AP and AdDraw: How did your drawing challenge you today? Are you able to be focused on the figure for the period? Why do you stop short if you do?
Drawing: Get BACK to the Drawing – This week is IT!
- 1.1Ac: Individually or collaboratively formulate new creative problems based on student’s existing artwork.
- Step back – yesterday you looked at the class work and got some feedback from them. Take a HARD LOOK AT YOUR DRAWING and determine what you need to focus on in the next 46 minutes. WRITE IT OUT!
ONE MORE DAY to work in class. What is working successfully in your drawing? WHY?
Studio Art 360: DUE FIRST THING THURSDAY (then to mount and evaluate).
- 6.1P: Analyze and describe the impact that an exhibition or collection has on personal awareness of social, cultural, or political beliefs and understandings.
- DONE! Time to reflect on the work. 3 warm up questions 1) What is the STRONGEST aspect of your painting? 2) What is the LEAST SUCCESSFUL aspect of your painting? 3) Why do you feel the way you do on either of the first 2 questions.
WHY do you feel the ideas of COLOR SCHEMES in artwork are worthwhile in the process of making an artwork?