“Imagination is more important than knowledge.” – Albert Einstein
AP Studio Art: Duchamp and YOUR Nude Descending a Staircase
- 7.2Ad: Determine the commonalities within a group of artists or visual images attributed to a particular type of art, timeframe, or culture.
- Take a few minutes and write out a positive comment about EACH of your classmates work – full sentence with EVIDENCE – 10 minutes to do this… THEN wrap up your drawings. We CRITIQUE on Mondat.
What do you walk away with from the brief written critique? How do you see the GROWTH in your own ideas of art and how the MASTERS of the past influence us today?
Advanced Drawing: Bauhaus and FRAMING up the work
ONLINE CRIT HERE. Due Monday 3 DAYS AGO!
- 6.1Ad: Curate a collection of objects, artifacts, or artwork to impact the viewer’s understanding of social, cultural, and/or political experiences.
- How will your classmates respond to your artwork as you display it in the space your redesigned and they inhabit?
What did seeing the work in the space do for the work? For the Space?
Drawing: Graffiti and Fauvism
Matisse Bio HERE!
- 1.2Ac: Choose from a range of materials and methods of traditional and contemporary artistic practices to plan works of art and design.
- Take a look at your current composition. How are you struggling? How are you succeeding?
What are YOU doing in the composition and HOW are you interacting with / relating to the background? What is the FIGURE / GROUND relationship?
Studio Art 360: Color Schemes
- 7.1Ac: Recognize and describe personal aesthetic and empathetic responses to the natural world and constructed environments.
- What is the PRODUCT Advertisement that you brought in today and how does that company use color to represent it? What is the OPPOSITE of that color Scheme?
What 4 color schemes do you think you are going to use for your composition?