Happy Youth Art Month: Learning to draw helps kids in ALL other subjects. For more information visit http://www.thriveart.com/facts
AP Studio Art: Figure Drawing! Let’s DRAW!
- 2.1Ad: Experiment, plan, and make multiple works of art and design that explore a personally meaningful theme, idea, or concept. A: Day two of GESTURE DRAWINGS – We could spend a SEMESTER on them… What do you hope to figure out BETTER today than you did yesterday? I am going to EMPHASIZE using GUIDELINES and REFERENCE Lines today! Let’s see the work – just like in math. N: Drawing with GUIDELINES and REFERENCE lines. A: Draw G: BAsed on a DIRECT COMPARISON – What is more successful in today’s drawing than yesterday’s?
You can access it HERE today – otherwise go to the top of our page – use the DROP DOWN MENU – Hover over AP Sstudio Art – and select the AP LOGIN
Advanced Drawing: Bauhaus Drawing – Oskar Schlemmer
- 2.3Ad: Demonstrate in works of art or design how visual and material culture defines, shapes, enhances, inhibits, and/or empowers people’s lives.
- What is your movement and how have you decided upon a color scheme? Remember that the Bauhaus was all about the NEUTRALS – how will you change that up? Think about the Oskar Schlemmer “Staircase” painting… how will you use that idea in your drawing?
What have you discovered / rediscovered about the ideas and the use of oil pastels? How do you see them as being a STRONG tool for you to use in the drawing?
Drawing: Online Presentation of the Images.
Using Google Presentation together – HERE. TODAY is the day we will finish.
Your DRAWINGS are HERE…
- 1.1Ac: Individually or collaboratively formulate new creative problems based on student’s existing artwork.
- What is it about the EYES that makes it EASIEST or most DIFFICULT to draw?
What mistakes did YOU make – how bad were they when it came to eyes? GREAT DEMO IMAGE: EYES:
Studio Art 360: Hands on with CLAY!
- 7.1P: Hypothesize ways in which art influences perception and understanding of human experiences.
- What are you NERVOUS about as we venture into the work of clay?
Working with the clay for ONE DAY now… what do you feel you are going to have to do to REALLY make this sculpture work? How are you going to have to balance and budget your time?