“Nothing in life that’s worth anything is easy.” – Barack Obama, #SOTU 2014
How To Do Everything
AP Studio Art – Art and Fear – Going OUTSIDE – Stay on CAMPUS!
- 7.1Ad: Analyze how responses to art develop over time based on knowledge of and experience with art and life.
- What do you THINK you might find outside? You had some time, unlike the artists on WORK of ART… What are you thinking?
What are your goals for the next work that will show you outside of the studio thinking?
Advanced Drawing: Time to CRIT!
- 3.1Ad: Reflect on, re-engage, revise, and refine works of art or design considering relevant traditional and contemporary criteria as well as personal artistic vision.
- We are going to be critiquing today, what are you nervous about when it comes to standing up in front of the class and talking?
What two NEW things did you learn about your work today? What ONE thing did you learn about a classmate’s work?
- 7.1Ac: Recognize and describe personal aesthetic and empathetic responses to the natural world and constructed environments.
- What do you hope to take / hear / learn from the MID – CRIT from today?
What have you learned today about how to push / pull space with value? What have you accomplished with pencil? What is successful?
Video: Work of Art: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003QWZVF8/ref=dv_dp_ep1 Episode 1 – Start at 18:20 and run a few minutes to see a mid-critique. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1L0bwEX_0GsFXJr9Vg7SqPUgvZc9KjDH5Kr6dhTq8CZE/edit
Studio Art 360: Two More Days on the construction!
- 7.1P: Hypothesize ways in which art influences perception and understanding of human experiences.
- What is ONE things that you might think if you saw a grouping of cylinders, cubes, and pyramids all grouped together?
As you look at your sketchbook of buildings, can you also look at your sculptures of CUBES to see where you did things RIGHT and where you did things WRONG? Take a minute to write out the right or wrongness of your sketchbook drawing.