“Nothing in life that’s worth anything is easy.” – Barack Obama, #SOTU 2014
AP Studio Art – Art and Fear – Let’s finish TALKing about your Concentration!
- 2.2Ad: Demonstrate understanding of the importance of balancing freedom and responsibility in the use of images, materials, tools, and equipment in the creation and circulation of creative work.
- As you look back on the body of works you have created so far, what are TWO things that you are seeing as falling short of AP Level work?
What were the biggest impressions you had from going outside for ideas? What were the most difficult things you felt as you presented your work? Conversation between classmates about the 2 questions for your exam. How does this work relate to your concentration?
Advanced Drawing: Let’s LISTEN about the AP Concentrations!
- 3.1Ad: Reflect on, re-engage, revise, and refine works of art or design considering relevant traditional and contemporary criteria as well as personal artistic vision.
- What is the one biggest fear you have about standing up in front of a group of people and talking? N: In class critique – 3 parts of the rubric – go over the parts in class and then go over the parts about your work.
How does identifying the criteria behind a letter grade (or number grade) help you see, know about, or understand what they represent? How do you think this will help you work on your art as you move forward?
Drawing: DRAWING TIME!
- 3.1Ac: Engage in constructive critique with peers, then reflect on, re-engage, revise, and refine works of art and design in response to personal artistic vision.
- As you have worked… what pencil have you been drawn to? Why? What has been easy about this project? More importantly – what was challenging?
What are the differences with the three types of Pencils? What do YOU find useful from today’s exercise?
Video: Work of Art: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003QWZVF8/ref=dv_dp_ep1 Episode 1 – Start at 18:20 and run a few minutes to see a mid-critique. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1L0bwEX_0GsFXJr9Vg7SqPUgvZc9KjDH5Kr6dhTq8CZE/edit
Studio Art 360: Let’s keep on the construction!
- 7.1P: Hypothesize ways in which art influences perception and understanding of human experiences.
- What was the most challenging form for you to create? What is ONE things that gave you such a hard time with it?
What do you think one might interpret from seeing a sculpture (like the one as an example today) that is MINIMAL?