“An average person with average talent, ambition and education, can outstrip the most brilliant genius in our society, if that person has clear, focused goals.” – Brian Tracy
”Even talent is rarely indistinguishable, over the long run, from perseverance and lots of hard work.” Ted Orland and David Bayles – Art and Fear.
Studio Art 360: Continuous Line PORTRAITS and then…
- 9.1P: Establish relevant criteria in order to evaluate a work of art or collection of works.
- Using CRITERIA to EVALUATE a work of art can be a personal thing. Generally we use a four steps process to a well thought out critique. What are three things you would choose to use when critiquing your non-objective print? What are two things you will focus on today when working on it?
What is ONE thing you found that worked out really well for you today in class?
Painting: Continue to Paint and RESOLVE the image
- 3.1Ac: Engage in constructive critique with peers, then reflect on, re-engage, revise, and refine works of art and design in response to personal artistic vision.
- You were asked to begin thinking about the work in front of you… What DO YOU SEE IN YOUR PAINTING? That’s it.. WHAT DO YOU SEE? Take your time… look at everything you see in the work and write down all that you see.
Time to work today began with DESCRIPTION – was there anything NEW that you saw when you began writing and working today? We do not have a lot of time to work this week but… lots of time use that knowledge in your life.
AP Studio Art – PAINT and CONCENTRATE!
- 4.2Ad: Critique, justify, and present choices in the process of analyzing, selecting, curating, and presenting artwork for a specific exhibit or event.
- How is the online presentation coming along? What do you STILL NEED TO DO in order to get the website finished and polished?
Presentation of your current body of work is on Monday. What do you have to do in order to get the 3 works finished?