“An average person with average talent, ambition and education, can outstrip the most brilliant genius in our society, if that person has clear, focused goals.” – Brian Tracy
”Even talent is rarely indistinguishable, over the long run, from perseverance and lots of hard work.” Ted Orland and David Bayles – Art and Fear.
Studio Art 360: Continuous Line PORTRAITS and then…
- 1.1P: Use multiple approaches to begin creative endeavors.
- Before you began this year… what were your thoughts about artwork that didn’t look like something recognizable – Non-Objective Artwork? Give yourself 3 sentences that talk about making artwork based on Balance, Color, Texture, Unity VERSUS something that is based on something that is recognizable.
What do you need to do in order to be set and ready to PRINT your Artwork on Monday? Review and Clean on TUESDAY.
Painting: Continue to Paint and RESOLVE the image
- 3.1Ac: Engage in constructive critique with peers, then reflect on, re-engage, revise, and refine works of art and design in response to personal artistic vision.
- There are four parts to a well written critique. Description, Analysis, Interpretation, and Judgement. What challenges do YOU have when it comes to the WRITING about art? Your Art? Writing in general…
Reviewing the 4 parts of the critique – what challenges do you see coming your way? What seems to be the most challenging part of the process?
AP Studio Art – PAINT and CONCENTRATE!
- 4.2Ad: Critique, justify, and present choices in the process of analyzing, selecting, curating, and presenting artwork for a specific exhibit or event.
- You will be presenting your 2 questions and the works to the WORLD in the ONLINE Blog – THIS IS YOUR EXAM. Mid Term exam GRADES WILL BE MADE ON YOUR online presentation.
What have you learned about the work that you are creating? Is there anything you feel that has really advanced and developed? Something that you have really GROWN from?