“An average person with average talent, ambition and education, can outstrip the most brilliant genius in our society, if that person has clear, focused goals.” – Brian Tracy
”Even talent is rarely indistinguishable, over the long run, from perseverance and lots of hard work.” Ted Orland and David Bayles – Art and Fear.
Studio Art 360: CRITIQUE and REFLECT on Bas Relief Sculpture.
- G: 1.1P: Use multiple approaches to begin creative endeavors.
- What was the most challenging part of the continuous line drawing experience from yesterday?
What was the most difficult thing about switching from the basic continuous line drawing to the BLIND continuous line contour drawing? Why did the change make it so much harder (or other feeling)?
Painting: Wrap up before break – what will you come back to?
- G: 2.1Ac: Through experimentation, practice, and persistence, demonstrate acquisition of skills and knowledge in a chosen art form.
- How do you FEEL about the act of oil painting again? The time away and the time returned? What did the BREAK do for the act of painting for you?
Critiques will be part of the FINAL EXAM – Written as well as the ORAL. The Final Exam WRITTEN will be DONE when you walk in the room on EXAM DAY. G: What is the STRENGTH of your work that you are especially proud of?
AP Studio Art – PAINT and CONCENTRATE!
- G: : 1.2Ad: Choose from a range of materials and methods of traditional and contemporary artistic practices, following or breaking established conventions, to plan the making of multiple works of art and design based on a theme, idea, or concept.
- Are you able to INTELLIGENTLY and ARTISTICALLY describe the works that you are creating? What IS the answer to the first question from the AP Poster? What is the central idea to your concentration? Body of work by Wisconsin Artist Frank Juarez:
What works have you got planned? What do you need to do to get the work from the past semester all wrapped up and solidified? G: Last 15 minutes – Stand up and read the 2 questions and respond in front of class with two works that clearly demonstrate your ideas and growth. http://frankjuarezpaintings.com/