What difference does it make whether you’re looking at a photograph or looking at a still life in front of you? You still have to look. – Chuck Close
Art Foundations: Quality Sculpture – Please make sure you are taking your time and FOCUSING on the QUALITY
- G: 7.1P: Hypothesize ways in which art influences perception and understanding of human experiences.
- A:What are you hoping to accomplish today to FINISH your Sculpture in the round we get back into our DAY 2? We need to let things dry now as we finish this up. Then we BISQUE and then we GLAZE!
- G: List one or two ways that you have seen your CONCEPT develop and be EMPHASIZED in the ceramic sculptural version of the collage?
Intro to painting: Still Life Acrylic Painting
- G: 1.2Ac: Choose from a range of materials and methods of traditional and contemporary artistic practices to plan works of art and design.
- A: Still Life – Your sketches are DONE and the DRAWING is UP ON THE CANVAS. Today is a day to just get into the painting and go! Where are you going to begin with this work?
- G: What did you accomplish with the beginnings of the still life? How has the CHARCOAL OUTLINE helped get you going or get in the way of the process?
advanced painting: Let’s paint!
- G: 2.2Ad: Demonstrate understanding of the importance of balancing freedom and responsibility in the use of images, materials, tools, and equipment in the creation and circulation of creative work.
- A: Another day to PAINT. Please open your handbooks to page 10 and step back from your painting. What have you accomplished this week in the painting – one solid day that is. What do you hope to accomplish today?
- G: At the end of the day, what have you accomplished? Write out three things that you recognize as different techniques that you are experiencing in this work.
Introduction to drawing and printmaking: Critique the Drawings
- 7.2Ac: Evaluate the effectiveness of an image or images to influence ideas, feelings, and behaviors of specific audiences.
- A: What do you feel about talking aloud when it comes to other people’s works? What are your thoughts about why you may be apprehensive or confident when discussing other individual’s work?
- G: What were 3 things that you took away from today’s critique?
INTRO TO DIGITAL ART AND PHOTOGRAPHY: Logo Work – Let Us Please Work on Perfecting the Simplicity of the Idea.
- G: 7.1Ac: Recognize and describe personal aesthetic and empathetic responses to the natural world and constructed environments.
- A: What do you need to do in order to make this logo design work in 3 ways? Letters Only, Words Only, and the COMBINATION MARK (and also the SYMBOL / ICON – 4 ways I guess. What will you do to be ready to combine it with a partner in the process?
- G: What are you HAPPIEST with regarding your designs? What is it about them that you see as working SPECIFICALLY with the PAUL RAND ideas from last time?