“Goals are the fuel in the furnace of achievement.” Brian Tracy
Art Foundations: SOCIAL COMMENTARY Critique and Sculpture!
- G: 1.2P: Shape an artistic investigation of an aspect of present-day life using a contemporary practice of art or design.
- 10.1P: Document the process of developing ideas from early stages to fully elaborated ideas.
- A: What do you currently know about using CLAY? What images in your collage REALLY jump out to you that can become the idea for a 3D Sculpture?
- G: Sketch it out on paper first. Slab perhaps with a High Relief sculpture based on your collage. A lot of options are available for you.
Intro to painting: Practice TECHNIQUES with acrylics and abstractions. Begin thinking and planning on the STILL LIFE Sketches DUE soon.
- G: 1.2Ac: Choose from a range of materials and methods of traditional and contemporary artistic practices to plan works of art and design.
- A: What did you do last block and what do you need to do today to get a solid block of work accomplished? This is using the skills that you have and the research that you have done to make strong progress in the abstraction. What about the negative space? The background? What is the CONTENT – the MEANING / MESSAGE behind your work? Are you thinking about that?
- G: What techniques have you truly developed in the process of working in Acrylics? Thumbnails for the still life will be checked in two periods.
advanced painting: BuiLDING THESE CANVASES is going to require CLASS ROOM ASSISTANCE!
- G:1.2Ad: Choose from a range of materials and methods of traditional and contemporary artistic practices, following or breaking established conventions, to plan the making of multiple works of art and design based on a theme, idea, or concept.
- A: What are the largest and most DOMINANT LINES, SHAPES, IDEAS you see in your drawing for the abstract works? These may be the elements that you look at as the FOCAL POINT / DOMINANT LINES to build you work off of.
- G: How easy or difficult was it for you to begin simplifying the space and shapes of your drawings? What challenges do see as you continue? Know that the use of color in the work will be used to create a MOOD / EMOTIONAL response to the space that you are representing with your abstraction.
Introduction to drawing and printmaking: Shading – done with contour (but don’t forget about it).
- G: 2.1Ac: Through experimentation, practice, and persistence, demonstrate acquisition of skills and knowledge in a chosen art form.
- What are the techniques in drawing that you are drawn to (no pun intended)? Where do you see that you are still struggling with the process of drawing?
- Today we began the FRUIT Drawing… Where are your strengths? Where (on your own) are you going to be practicing and focusing on?
Intro to Digital Art and Photography: Doodle for GOOGLE and begin to consider and sketch for the next work.
- G: 1.1 Ad: Visualize and hypothesize to generate plans for ideas and directions for creating art and design that can affect social change.
- A: The next work that you are going to create is a series of logos for the new kitchen at Fort Atkinson High School. Let’s read over the email from Mr. Logo Design for yourself. This will take some time – be ready to SKETCH and EXPLORE ideas. VISIT GOOGLE CLASSROOM!
- G: What did you come up with today? Share these ideas with your neighbor and explain what you enjoy about the work you have created.