NEW FOR YOU ALL: WAEA Flag Contest Form – Get your Designs to Mr. Korb by December 31!
Art Foundations: Color Theory and Tempera Paints
- G: 1.1P: Use multiple approaches to begin creative endeavors.
- A: Looking back on the color wheels you have begun, talk to your tablemates about the way in which you mix the secondary colors and tertiary colors. QUIZ TIME? No… just a discussion so we can move forward. How do you make the TINTS, SHADES, and TONES?
- G: Were you able to mix the colors for the tints, shades, and tones today? What else do you need to do here?
Introduction to Painting: Abstraction and Representational Art
- .1Ac: Engage in constructive critique with peers, then reflect on, re-engage, revise, and refine works of art and design in response to personal artistic vision.
- A: Abstraction paintings are in the final days of work and you are in the need of wrapping things up. Are you spending time in the resolution phase? What are your plans for the final painting? Let’s get out your THUMBNAILS for the final painting? Let us have a roundtable conversation about them. ORGANIZED SKETCH CRIT of the plans. You have three days to get your paintings done and the canvas built for the next painting. This is IMPORTANT and NEEDS TO BE DEALT WITH in the enrichment time – perhaps.
- G: What have you gotten done today? What do you need to be getting done in the next few days? Make sure you have images and the like for references – IMPORTANT!
Representational Art Assignment Here
Prezi About Representational Art as Well
MoMA In the Studio Series on YouTube – Great to see how various abstractions are made. HERE
Intro to Digital Art and Photography: Editing in Photoshop
- G: 1.2Ac: Choose from a range of materials and methods of traditional and contemporary artistic practices to plan works of art and design.
- A: This week we EDIT the photographs you have made that are important to you from OUTSIDE of the school – you do have a life outside of the school – interests and the like, right? What are your plans and how are you going to be using photoshop to perfect and make these a strong series that is narrative?
- G: What did you accomplish today? What are the things that you need to get organized in the image gathering or editing to have this series done in the next two periods? We will put them into a Google slideshow (6 or seven slides) as well as handing in the original Photoshop images.