MoMA (the Museum of Modern Art in New Your City) reopened (after a 4 month multi million dollar renovation) this weekend! Check out this email and see what you CAN’T miss this weekend when you visit! EMail HERE!
WAEA Flag Contest Form – Get your Designs to Mr. Korb by December 31!
“When you do nothing, you feel overwhelmed and powerless. But when you get involved, you feel the sense of hope and accomplishment that comes from knowing you are working to make things better.” — Zig Ziglar
Art Foundations: Still Life Drawing
Look at the ENTIRE composition as you are working on the still life.
- G: 10.1P: Document the process of developing ideas from early stages to fully elaborated ideas.
- A: Last days to work these drawings out. Last time we MID-CRITIQUED! In your handbook – what TECHNIQUES / IDEAS did you focus on with your drawing? Be specific and write out 3 things you are going to focus on today?
- G: What did you accomplish today?
- Sighting In – use your arm and the pencil as measuring devices.
- Shhhhh… “We were all focused and not talking. We worked better when we are focused on it.” – One of YOU said this.
- No Finger blending.
- 80% of time is on the looking at the object in front of you and 20% of the time is on the looking at the drawing and drawing
Painting: Acrylic Techniques! Let’s Dance!
- G: 2.1Ac: Through experimentation, practice, and persistence, demonstrate acquisition of skills and knowledge in a chosen art form.
- A: Acrylic Painting Techniques. Now we begin with acrylic paintings – DAY 2. What objects have you brought in today for the still life. We are going to work on our canvas with the variety of techniques that are in the handout about techniques.
- G: What are your thoughts about the works you have sketched / painted out today? Will you be ready for the final paintings and still life for next time?
Intro to Digital Art and Photography: Adobe InDesign! Let’s be patient with one another… this takes some time!
- G: Develop Craft: Learning to use tools, materials, artistic conventions; and learning to care for tools, materials, and space.
- A: What did you learn last time about your work as we did a brief critique? What can you do to move the work ahead and resolve to make stronger? List three things that you found are the same
- G: What are 3 things that you accomplished with your letterhead, business cards and /or envelopes that you see as unique, original, or tie into your logo design? Part of the process of design is to make your work stand out from the work of others.