“Creativity is a Habit, and the Best Creativity is the Result of Good Work Habits.” Twyla Tharp
- Intro to Digital Art: Start at 19:40 – Coming Up With Logo Ideas
- Advanced Digital Art: Start at 14:30 – Design and Functionality
- Painting and Advanced Painting: Start at 25:00 – Getting Ideas and Inspiration
Art Foundations: Drawing and VALUE!
- G: 2.1P: Engage in making a work of art or design without having a preconceived plan.
- A: How DO you draw something in 3 dimensions? What are different techniques you know? What did you do successfully yesterday that you can continue with today? What is it you need to erase, change, resolve to make the drawing today even more successful?
- G: What is one thing you are putting into your drawing of the 3D Forms that might be related to the ELEMENTS and PRINCIPLES as the building blocks of Art – things you really need to be aware of AS you are making art
Intro to Painting: 2 days to paint – then CRITIQUE
- G: 6.1Ac: Make, explain, and justify connections between artists or artwork and social, cultural, and political history.
- A: How are you relating the ideas of making art to making art about yourself? Do you find this to be easy or difficult – WHY?
- G: As you are working, what are you seeing as an area that you might need to really focus on as you continue. Critique on Friday – Final assessment – Personal Assessment and then Oral Critique – BRING FOOD TO SHARE – New Art on Tuesday!
Advanced Painting: 3 days to paint – CRITIQUE next TUESDAY!
- G: 2.2Ad: Demonstrate understanding of the importance of balancing freedom and responsibility in the use of images, materials, tools, and equipment in the creation and circulation of creative work.
- A: 2 more days to work – we CRIT at the end of the week. LEt’s begin ALSO to develop the next set of canvases. I will be sharing the next assignment with you next time (or the next – depending on when the materials come in – wait for it – it is going to be epic). What challenges / successes are you having with the abstraction? What are the new skills, abilities, new, enjoyable, frustrating things that you are experiencing with the work
- G: Were you able to create NEW MARKS? NEW Ideas in the work? If yes – GREAT – How so? If NO – hmmm… – Why Not? What can you do?
Intro to Digital Art: Logo Design and CRIT.
NOTE YOUR COMPUTER LAPTOP NUMBER – The computers HAVE rotated. Remember your NEW seat!
- G: 7.1Ac: Recognize and describe personal aesthetic and empathetic responses to the natural world and constructed environments.
- A: How are YOUR feelings towards fonts and images affecting those who look at your LOGO? What response might someone ELSE get as they look at your image?
- G: What challenges did you have today with the program. Are you working full screen size? Go Big so it can go small.
Advanced Digital Art: Photography and Composition – Photoshop Tools.
NOTE YOUR COMPUTER LAPTOP NUMBER – The computers are in NEW SPOTS!
- G: 3.1Ad: Reflect on, re-engage, revise, and refine works of art or design considering relevant traditional and contemporary criteria as well as personal artistic vision.
- What do you know about the Digital Camera? If you have one on your phone or if you’ve brought one in – take it out and let’s break it down. 15 minutes to look at, explore, share the technology in the camera. In your handbook – on the Week 6 page – write out 5 things that you can do VERY SPECIFICALLY with your camera.
- G: What are 1 thing that you took away from the conversations today that will help you understand the workings of your own camera (and the ideas you can use in compositions?