Learn To Draw “Drawing is more than a tool for rendering and capturing likenesses. It is a language, with its own syntax, grammar, and urgency. Learning to draw is about learning to see. In this way, it is a metaphor for all art activity. Whatever its form, drawing transforms perception and thought into image and teaches us how to think with our eyes.” 101 Things to Learn in Art School Kit White © 2011 Massachusetts Institute of Technology and Kit White“
Art Foundations: Line, Zentangles, and Wearable Art
- G: 1.2P: Shape an artistic investigation of an aspect of present-day life using a contemporary practice of art or design.
- A: What designs have you come up with? Take 5 minutes to share your ideas with your neighbors and get some feedback about them. What are 3 things that are strong and successful? What are 3 things that you feel needs work in the design? How are you going to ETCH and how are you going to RIVET? What about JUMP RINGS?
- G: What are your plans for the metal? We will be etching and riveting to create a work of wearable art. What are your plans? What have you accomplished today in the planning of the work and preparation of the work? Are you ready for the next step?
Intro to Painting: Collage and Watercolors – Time to Transfer the image and PAINT.
- G: 6.1Ac: Make, explain, and justify connections between artists or artwork and social, cultural, and political history. 3.1Ac: Engage in constructive critique with peers, then reflect on, re-engage, revise, and refine works of art and design in response to personal artistic vision.
- A: How are you relating the ideas of making art to making art about yourself? Do you find this to be easy or difficult – WHY? What do you feel about talking aloud when it comes to other’s works? What are your thoughts about why you may be apprehensive or confident when discussing other individual’s work?
- G: How are you making work that is important to YOU? How is the work AUTHENTICALLY your work and not someone else’s work? Are you ENGAGED and EXCITED to begin the painting process of these compositions? EXPLAIN YOUR ANSWERS (Yes and No do not cut it.)
Advanced Painting: Oils? Yes! Abstraction? Yes! Let’s try this again ALSO.
- G:1.2Ad: Choose from a range of materials and methods of traditional and contemporary artistic practices, following or breaking established conventions, to plan the making of multiple works of art and design based on a theme, idea, or concept.
- A: What color scheme have you begun to think about? Why? how does it DESCRIBE YOUR feelings toward the SIMPLIFICATION of the SPACE / SURROUNDINGS / COLOR?
- G: What have your FINAL ideas developed into? Do you have a successful idea based on the ELEMENTS and PRINCIPLES of Art? Balance? Unity? Repetition? Color? Other things? Write out your ideas as to WHY.
Click HERE to see works from the past to help get you inspired for today!
Intro to Digital Art: Welcome to YOU! Let’s look at the ideas of YOU!
- G: 2.1Ac: Through experimentation, practice, and persistence, demonstrate acquisition of skills and knowledge in a chosen art form.
- A:Working on paper is different than working on the computer. Using a collection of FONTS that you can choose (we will look at these in the Adobe Illustrator Font Collection) you will find a wide variety of fonts that you enjoy and explore many different way of joining letters into positive and negative shapes (as well as adding a geometric or organic shape or two) in creating a Logo Design for yourself” This will take some time – be ready to SKETCH and EXPLORE ideas.
- G: What did you come up with today? Share these ideas with your neighbor and explain what you enjoy about the work you have created.
Advanced Digital Art: Review the Programs and the like – Then it is up to you to start.
- G: 2.2Ad: Demonstrate understanding of the importance of balancing freedom and responsibility in the use of images, materials, tools, and equipment in the creation and circulation of creative work.
- A: It is time to work on the designs in whatever program you are going to be using. Remember that we will be having a MID CRITIQUE coming up on the 31st. We will be breaking in 30 minutes to stop and look at EVERYONE else’s work so you have a feeling for what has been accomplished. Ok? Ok. WORK!
- G: What are 3 things that you saw a successes in the designs of your classmates?