“A dream only becomes overrated when not pursued by the dreamer.” ― Courtney Hickman
Let’s take a trip to the Venice Biennale: Thank you Blouin ArtInfo for the tour!
AP Studio Art: Collaboration – What’s on the plate?
- 1.1 Ad: Visualize and hypothesize to generate plans for ideas and directions for creating art and design that can affect social change.
- Yesterday’s BEGINNINGS – how are you all using the ideas from the collaborative work and put it to use in the collaborative work?
What is working? What is a struggle in the planning process? How are you all going to contribute to the FINAL WORK to be installed? What is the LARGER topic that you are hoping to communicate in the work?
Advanced Drawing: Self Portrait Time – You are on your own!
NATIONAL PORTRAIT GALLERY – Visit it via Google HERE and the .org site HERE.
- 1.2Ad: Choose from a range of materials and methods of traditional and contemporary artistic practices, following or breaking established conventions, to plan the making of multiple works of art and design based on a theme, idea, or concept.
- What have been two of your biggest struggles with the ideas and execution of the portrait? Self-Portrait or other… PLEASE DO NOT FORGET ABOUT THE IDEA OF PROCESS!
Write out three strengths of your ideas today, two challenges in your ideas, and one message you might communicate with your portrait.
Drawing: Places and Faces!
- 2.1Ac: Through experimentation, practice, and persistence, demonstrate acquisition of skills and knowledge in a chosen art form.
- What is a color that POPS into your mind as you have spoken with and talked to your classmate? Why do you see that color as being something that represents them?
What was ONE accomplishment you made today in the process of the drawing? How have you felt about the PROCESS and MEANING in the work?
Elevator Pitch Site: http://www.mindtools.com/pages/article/elevator-pitch.htm AND http://www.forbes.com/sites/nextavenue/2013/02/04/the-perfect-elevator-pitch-to-land-a-job/
Studio Art 360: Now we put it all together in Google.
- NETS: Critical Thinking, Problem Solving, and Decision Making – Students use critical thinking skills to plan and conduct research, manage projects, solve problems, and make informed decisions using appropriate digital tools and resources.
- What do you KNOW about using GOOGLE DRIVE? What classes are you currently / have in the past used Google Drive (or other CLOUD based platforms)?
What struggles did you have with the ONLINE programs? What came easy?
Richard Avedon: http://famous-photographers.com/richard-avedon/