4. You can’t think your way through an art problem. As John Cage said, “Work comes from work.” – Jerry Saltz – Art Critic and personality.
AP Studio Art: Outside of the box thinking?
- 1.2Ad: Choose from a range of materials and methods of traditional and contemporary artistic practices, following or breaking established conventions, to plan the making of multiple works of art and design based on a theme, idea, or concept.
- What has been successful for your outdoor work? What has FAILED you? Where do you need to go from here?
With this OUT OF THE BOX (out of the doors) assignment… What struggles are you facing> Where are you falling in the snow? What are your challenges? Nils-Udo
Advanced Drawing: Time to CRIT!
- 3.1Ad: Reflect on, re-engage, revise, and refine works of art or design considering relevant traditional and contemporary criteria as well as personal artistic vision.
- What was the successful part of the drawing for you? What will you carry forward as you make more art?
How did doing the critique open your ears to what was said? How did it open your eyes to what you saw?
Drawing: DRAWING – What is the criteria you think about when judging art!
- 3.1Ac: Engage in constructive critique with peers, then reflect on, re-engage, revise, and refine works of art and design in response to personal artistic vision.
- Looking at the still life you have drawn, what are aspects that you would talk about if you were critiquing the work as being successful or unsuccessful?
Why do you feel that using white objects is worthy or unworthy, simple or complicated as the subject matter or idea for a drawing? What can you take forward from this experience into the next artwork?
Studio Art 360: How to draw? Thumbnails and IDEAS! – VALUE TOO!
- 10.1P: Document the process of developing ideas from early stages to fully elaborated ideas.
- Look back at yesterday’s drawings – Which one is the BEST and SHARE WHY YOU FEEL THIS with your neighbor. SERIOUSLY – SHARE.
What went well today? Where did you struggle? Explain your thoughts here… Morandi’s studio…
How about COMPOSITIONS? Looking for ideas? Let’s Look HERE!