“Art is the concrete representation of our most subtle feelings.” – Agnes Martin, Art In America (p.124, 1996)
Studio Art 360 – Critique Sketches, Demo Cardboard Constructions, National Visual Arts Standards
- 7.1P: Hypothesize ways in which art influences perception and understanding of human experiences.
- What is ONE things that you might think if you saw a grouping of cylinders, cubes, and pyramids all grouped together?
Last 10 minutes of class. Set out your GOALS PAGE and the CRITIQUE SHEET I gave you. Walk Clockwise and in serpentine fashion (I’ll demonstrate) around the room and take in the work that is in front of you. Like musical chairs, stop when I say stop and make 5 REAL COMMENTS on 5 different classmates work. What is working? What is NOT working? Last 3 minutes… Read your comments – write a BRIEF response to a classmates comments.
AP Studio Art: 1 week Magazine Article Assignment, 1 week concentration work
- 2.2Ad: Demonstrate understanding of the importance of balancing freedom and responsibility in the use of images, materials, tools, and equipment in the creation and circulation of creative work.
- What Freedoms and Responsibilities did you take as you chose the images / ideas you created?
As we look at your body of works, what is it that ties them all together? What is it that you can see as your voice starting to come out?
Painting: Collage, Critique, Sketch, Research…
- 2.3Ac: Redesign an object, system, place, or design in response to contemporary issues
- What have you been considering as you have redesigned the images / composition as you’ve planned out your painting?
Look around at the work collages laid out around the room. See if you can figure out what they may be saying about themselves in the art. Write down a brief description of their work on the stick notes I have provided. Refelct on what has been written and then have a conversation about the meaning… Were you right? DO NOT CRITIQUE the work of a classmate that you have been working next to the whole time… SERIOUSLY!
Create a ONE PAGE PAPER (double spaced, 11 or 12 point Times New Roman, Palatino – Serif-ed type font) that discusses the artists and their works. Use ideas about the work as to what drew you to the work, what styles did you like, what techniques do you appreciate? A small history of the artist and personal reflection. How will you use similar ideas in your work as they did in theirs? Here are the artists to research: Winslow Homer, Charles Demuth, Thomas Eakins, Edward Hopper, Dong Kingman, Reginald Marsh, Charles Sheeler, J.M.W. Turner, Thomas Moran, Georgia O’Keefe, James Whistler, or Andrew Wyeth. PAPER IS DUE ON Friday, September 19, 2014.
- 1st Hour: Tuesday
- 2nd Hour: Friday
- 3rd Hour: Thursday
- 4th Hour: Wednesday
- 6th Hour: Monday