“We’ve gotten to the point where we think the camera can capture anything at all.” “Well, it can’t really. The camera can’t compete with painting at all. The paintings are much more vivid about the place than photographs are.” – David Hockney, “Modern Painters, “
David Hockney, on his latest inspiration – Yorkshire, Into the Woods,” by: Marina Cashdan, April 2010, p. 66.
Art Foundations: Continuous Line Contour Drawings / Watercolor Paintings
- (1.2) Create art that demonstrates an understanding of how your ideas relate to the technique of watercolor painting.
- (1.4.1) Create and solve visual problems using motifs and pattern.
OK… What pattern have you chosen to represent yourself? How does it represent you? What are the aspects of it that you feel BEST represent you?
Advanced Drawing: Final Day to DRAW on your mannequin and paper bag drawings. WORK IT!
- 2.3 RESOLVE artworks that solve visual challenges.
What did you work on to REALLY improve your skills in drawing?
AP Studio Art: Last day to work on your plant drawing.
- 1.1 RESOLVE media, techniques, and processes with (1.1.3) an awareness so that your ideas are executed well.
- 1.4.3 evaluation which includes the summative (final) reflections about your art work.
What have you learned about the process / techniques you chose to work with in this drawing?