“Shallow understanding from people of good will is more frustrating than absolute misunderstanding from people of ill will.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
Art Foundations: Introduction and getting to COLLAGE with Romare Bearden.
- G: 1.2P: Shape an artistic investigation of an aspect of present-day life using a contemporary practice of art or design.
- A: What images are you are hoping to work into your collage (remember that this will be translated into a SCULPTURE)? What types of SOCIAL COMMENTARY are you able to talk about with this work?
- G: How is the collage coming along? What is ONE VERY SUCCESSFUL aspect to the work SO FAR? What is one area you are having a CHALLENGE with?
Intro to painting: Introduction to Acrylic Paints.
- G: 2.1Ac: Through experimentation, practice, and persistence, demonstrate acquisition of skills and knowledge in a chosen art form.
- A: Acrylic Painting Techniques. Now we begin with acrylic paintings – DAY 2. What objects have you brought in today for the still life. We are going to work on our canvas with the variety of techniques that are in the handout about techniques. We are going to do 4 small paintings of a SINGLE OBJECT to get familiar with the techniques and then move into the final paintings in 2 days. Jude Rae is the artist we are going to explore for a while here. Let’s take a look at her works.
- G: What are your thoughts about the works you have sketched / painted out today?
advanced painting: Introduction to Oils and Abstraction (with a TWIST to the canvas build – YIKES!)
- G:1.2Ad: Choose from a range of materials and methods of traditional and contemporary artistic practices, following or breaking established conventions, to plan the making of multiple works of art and design based on a theme, idea, or concept.
- A: Looking back at the hallway drawings from the past two days why do they TEND to be boring? Give 2 reasons that high school hallway drawings can be boring. What are 2 things you are considering about doing to make it EXCITING and YOUR OWN?
- G: How has TRANSFORMING and ABSTRACTING these drawings changed the boring into more interesting works. Give three SPECIFIC examples.
Introduction to drawing and printmaking: Let’s see how well you draw already!
- G: 2.1Ac: Through experimentation, practice, and persistence, demonstrate acquisition of skills and knowledge in a chosen art form.<iframe
- A: Looking at the notes from the baseline drawing… what are you going to focus on today? All I ask today is that, if I am demonstrating you are up close and watching. If you are going to get better – you need to watch and practice. HERE ARE SOME OF THE THINGS WE ARE GOING TO BE WORKING ON: Line quality, value scales, stippling, hatching/cross-contour, cross-hatching, scumbling, contrast, texture, value
- G: What have you demonstrated today that you are happy with and what is a skill you see that is in need of work?
Advanced digital art: Doodle for Google – Look at the website and GO!
- G: 2.2Ad: Demonstrate an understanding of the importance of balancing freedom and responsibility in the use of images, materials, tools, and equipment in the creation and circulation of creative work.
- A: What skills and tools do you remember from ANY of the Adobe SUITE? Talk with someone who you DO NOT KNOW about the tools in the different program – 3 minutes… As you are talking about the programs with your classmates, also talk about the plans you are going to be using in the Doodle for Google project.
- G: What are you planning on doing in the DESIGN of the Doodle for Google and what programs are you planning on using? Why?