“Each generation gets to reinvent art in its own image.” Kit White © 2011 Massachusetts Institute of Technology and Kit White
EXAM SCHEDULE – BE AWARE of what needs to be done!
- Wednesday June 5
- Advanced Digital Art and Photography: Block 2- Social Topic Art Presentation
- Advanced Painting: Block 3 – Final Painting and Oral Critique
- Intro to Painting: Block 5 – Final Plein Air Painting and Book Oral Critique
- Thursday June 6
- Art Foundations: Block 1 – Written Exam
- Intro to Digital Arts and Photography Block 2 – Corporate ID Presentation
- Art Foundation: Block 3 – Written Exam
Art Foundations: Painting? Done I hope! Collage – Quick Collage to CHANGE THE WORLD!
- G: 1.2P: Shape an artistic investigation of an aspect of present-day life using a contemporary practice of art or design.
- A: What challenges do you think you will face as it comes to the idea of an INTERESTING collage?
- G: How do you feel your composition successfully uses the GOLDEN MEAN and imagery to explain the ideas of your social topic? EXPLAIN your answers.
Intro to Painting: Thunderstorms? NO PLEASE NO!
- 1.1Ac: Individually or collaboratively formulate new creative problems based on student’s existing artwork
- 2.1Ac: Through experimentation, practice, and persistence, demonstrate acquisition of skills and knowledge in a chosen art form.
- How do you see yourself being able to use these kinds of skill, construction of an object like a book, in the future? X-Acto Knife, Drawing / Painting from Observation, Stiching… This is more than a one project lesson.
- G: What are the challenges you had in the making of this book? Difficulties? Step by Step stuff? And hey… how do you feel about the final work? Let’s sit and write a reflection in pencil inside the book.
Advanced Painting: FINAL PAINTING! Get On It!
- G: 7.1Ac: Recognize and describe personal aesthetic and empathetic responses to the natural world and constructed environments.
- A: What are you working on? Not much else to ask today. Step back – look at the work that you have in front of you?
- G: What did you accomplish today? What are you going to accomplish next time?
Intro to Digital Art: Logo Design! Let’s ALSO hand in the Literature Designs
- G: 1.2Ac: Choose from a range of materials and methods of traditional and contemporary artistic practices to plan works of art and design.
- A: What are the ideas that you came up with so far in the corporate ID for the Liberty Through Literacy Foundation Project?
- G: What are the things that you are going to need to FOCUS on as you move forward next time in this work? Write your answers out!
Advanced Digital Art: FINAL Social Commentary ARTWORK!
- 2.3Ac: Redesign an object, system, place, or design in response to contemporary issues.
- LAst day to work on this – a pair of REALLY FAST designs. How have you utilized the Artist Habits of Mind to make this work get done in a timely fashion?
- Do you need to come in and work outside of studio time? Make sure you are being responsible!