“Goals are the fuel in the furnace of achievement.” Brian Tracy, Eat that Frog
Art Foundations: AVANT Garde Designs and Wearable Art
- G: 1.2P: Shape an artistic investigation of an aspect of present-day life using a contemporary practice of art or design.
- A: What are your thoughts and feelings about the etching you have been given back? How does this work with the plans that you have made from the beginning of the process? What are your next steps in the process?
- G: What have you accomplished today? The not heat joining is important in the production of the final artwork.
Intro to Painting: Collage and Watercolors – Time to Transfer the image and PAINT.
- G: 6.1Ac: Make, explain, and justify connections between artists or artwork and social, cultural, and political history. 3.1Ac: Engage in constructive critique with peers, then reflect on, re-engage, revise, and refine works of art and design in response to personal artistic vision.
- A: How are you relating the ideas of making art to making art about yourself? Do you find this to be easy or difficult – WHY? What do you feel about talking aloud when it comes to other’s works? What are your thoughts about why you may be apprehensive or confident when discussing other individual’s work?
- G: As you are working, what are you seeing as an area that you might need to really focus on as you continue. What were 3 things that you took away from today’s critique?
Advanced Painting: Build the canvas and LET’S GET PAINTING!
- G:1.2Ad: Choose from a range of materials and methods of traditional and contemporary artistic practices, following or breaking established conventions, to plan the making of multiple works of art and design based on a theme, idea, or concept.
- A: What color scheme have you begun to think about? Why? how does it DESCRIBE YOUR feelings toward the SIMPLIFICATION of the SPACE / SURROUNDINGS / COLOR?
- G: What have your FINAL ideas developed into? Do you have a successful idea based on the ELEMENTS and PRINCIPLES of Art? Balance? Unity? Repetition? Color? Other things? Write out your ideas as to WHY.
Click HERE to see works from the past to help get you inspired for today!
Intro to Digital Art: Welcome to YOU! Let’s look at the ideas of YOU!
- G: 2.1Ac: Through experimentation, practice, and persistence, demonstrate acquisition of skills and knowledge in a chosen art form.
- A:Working on paper is different than working on the computer. Using a collection of FONTS that you can choose (we will look at these in the Adobe Illustrator Font Collection) you will find a wide variety of fonts that you enjoy and explore many different way of joining letters into positive and negative shapes (as well as adding a geometric or organic shape or two) in creating a Logo Design for yourself” This will take some time – be ready to SKETCH and EXPLORE ideas.
- G: What did you come up with today? Share these ideas with your neighbor and explain what you enjoy about the work you have created.
Advanced Digital Art: Let’s REFLECT with MORE time than LAST time…
- G: 2.2Ad: Demonstrate understanding of the importance of balancing freedom and responsibility in the use of images, materials, tools, and equipment in the creation and circulation of creative work.
- A: It is time to work on the designs in whatever program you are going to be using. Remember that we will be having a MID CRITIQUE coming up on the 31st. We will be breaking in 30 minutes to stop and look at EVERYONE else’s work so you have a feeling for what has been accomplished. Ok? Ok. WORK!
- G: What are 3 things that you saw a successes in the designs of your classmates?