#69: Color is not Neutral: It has an emotional component. Certain colors have specific associations and induce certain responses. Learn what they are. When you use color, try to determine and understand the accompanying emotional response and how to use it effectively. Color has a visceral impact. Kit White 101 Things I Learned in Art School
Art Foundations: Continue to work in the Ceramics World
- G: 7.1P: Hypothesize ways in which art influences perception and understanding of human experiences.
- A: What are three textures / techniques you are going to have to interpret into your sculpture from your research?
- G: What techniques are REALLY important to be using to make sure any ADDITIVE clay really HOLD TIGHT to the clay you are adding it to? What ALSO do you need to do to make sure your work doesn’t dry out before the next time we meet?
Digital Art: Portrait Days in Photoshop are coming to an end.
- G: 1.1Ac: Individually or collaboratively formulate new creative problems based on student’s existing artwork.
- A: Last day to work on the self-portraits. We begin last time with a mid critique. In the HANDBOOKS (or sticky notes) what were three things that you took away from the mid crit that you INSTANTLY put to use in the continuation of the process? This is an illustration that you are creating – the final portrait will not belong in the final image. At the end of the period – we will submit through Google Classroom and then do a self – assessment. Think about the tools that you were able to learn and use that were NEW to you and that were SIMILAR from Adobe Illustrator.
- G: Continue to finalize and resolve your with the self – portrait from last time in Adobe Photoshop. This is the SECOND to LAST DAY! HOMEWORK… When you come in in 2 class periods you need to have 5 thumbnails AND the work of “Literature” with you. If you DO NOT HAVE SOMETHING WITH YOU, I will supply you with a work from your English Class (which is fine if you’d like by the way, you are reading it in class). BRING pencils and your sketchbook along with the ideas that you have come up with. What are some of the aspects of the story that you really enjoyed? How are you planning the ideas for the illustration? This will not be a just “wing it” process.
- NEXT TIME 1/2 hour… WORK OF ART – TV Show – Season 1 – Episode 3 – Judge a Book by it’s Cover.
Intro To Painting: Continue with Acrylic Techniques
- G: 2.1Ac: Through experimentation, practice, and persistence, demonstrate acquisition of skills and knowledge in a chosen art form.
- A: Acrylic Painting Techniques. DAY 7. What struggles / success have you have with the materials in the of Acrylics? Please be specific in the writing of your thoughts. (HANDBOOK PLEASE).
- Today we are going to look at Milwaukee born Abstract Artist Jason Rohlf
- Jude Rae from Sydney
- Fred Bell Milwaukee
- We are working the paintings for TECHNIQUES. LEARN THE TECHNIQUES here artists.
- Take your canvas and in LARGE LETTERS – Carefully trace the LARGE BLOCK Letters that we have created from CAREFULLY CUT Squares of paper… your name is an easy word to start with…. But are there other words that are meaningful? If you don’t know now, that’s ok, you will think of something.
- Now… Using all of the techniques that we have learned – FILL THE NEW SHAPES AND SPACES that you have drawn out.
- Afterwards we are going to CUT them out and reattach them to MASONITE and create our abstract paintings.
- Cut the canvas using an X-Acto Knife into 7 or 9 rectangular shapes.
- We will attach these pieces to masonite and then use the outlines and edges to create a new abstract painting using ALL of the techniques we have learned.
- Today, Next time, and the weekend to WRAP UP ALL OF THE PAINTINGS.