Art Foundations: Clay and the Collage – Let’s tie things together
- G: 1.2P: Shape an artistic investigation of an aspect of present-day life using a contemporary practice of art or design.
- 10.1P: Document the process of developing ideas from early stages to fully elaborated ideas.
- A: What do you currently know – what are 3 things – that you know about using CLAY? Get out your handbooks and GO!
- G: What are three challenges you see translating your collage into the ceramic Bas Relief Sculpture?
- Bas Relief and Sculptures in the Round
- Mugs, Sculpture and Figures
- More Mugs and MORE MUGS
Introduction to Painting: Acrylic and the Still Life
- G: 2.1Ac: Through experimentation, practice, and persistence, demonstrate acquisition of skills and knowledge in a chosen art form.
- A: Acrylic Painting Techniques. Now we begin with acrylic paintings – DAY 3. What objects have you brought in today for the still life. We are going to work on our canvas with the variety of techniques that are in the handout about techniques. We are going to do 4 small paintings of a SINGLE OBJECT to get familiar with the techniques and then move into the final paintings in 2 days.. Jude Rae is the artist we are going to explore for a while here. Let’s take a look at her works.
- G: What are your thoughts about the works you have sketched / painted out today? Will you be ready for the final paintings and still life for next time?
Introduction to Digital Art: Portraits and the Camera – Time to talk about PHOTOSHOP. Let’s Paint, Draw, Gradient, Layer, and so much more!
- G: 1.1Ac: Individually or collaboratively formulate new creative problems based on student’s existing artwork.
- A: ONE more class periods to work on the self-portraits. This is an illustration that you are creating – the portrait photograph will not belong in the final image. At the end of the period NEXT TIME we will submit through a FOLDER in Google Classroom and then do a self – assessment. Think about the tools that you were able to learn and use that were NEW to you and that were SIMILAR from Adobe Illustrator.
- G: Continue to work with the self – portrait from last time in Adobe Photoshop. Think about the next work of art and remember that you are going to be working with “Literature.” If you DO NOT HAVE SOMETHING WITH YOU, I will supply you with a work from your English Class (which is fine if you’d like by the way, you are reading it in class).
- “LITERATURE.” How are you making strong artistic choices (look at the Artist Habits of Mind to make a reflection on here).
- Remember the NEXT work of art will be an illustration of another work of art – LITERATURE!
- Here is the set of instructions for the PORTRAITS