- Social Commentary Mixed Media work – ALL WEEK. This work will be due on Monday – First Thing.
- Looking at the work of Romare Bearden and listening to an NPR Snippet of Romare Bearden’s Life and Times – Studio 360 with Kurt Anderson. (5 minutes today… we will listen to this).
- We will take a look at more of Romare Bearden’s work and discuss the poetry of Langston Hughes – Harlem Renaissance Artists. http://www.sites.si.edu/exhibitions/exhibits/romareBearden/index.htm
- 1.1 apply your collage materials, techniques, and processes with 1.1.3 an awareness so that your ideas are executed well
- 4.3 compare relationships in visual art in terms of 4.3.3 your culture as it relates to your own art
How can you remember to use these techniques once you have left this classroom? What might the use of these new skills do for you outside of the classroom?
Advanced Drawing: Figure Drawing – Today we will be working from GESTURE Drawings based on your classmates and your live modeling skills. Long drawings beginning from 5 minutes and finally getting to 30 seconds. We will NOT be switching pages today. We will be allowing the drawings to overlap and continue to develop into a composition that is ABSTRACT and FIGURATIVE.
- 1.1 apply media, techniques, and processes with 1.1.2 confidence 1.1.3 and awareness so that your ideas are executed well
Looking at your drawings – what are you pleased with? What are you not happy about? What were the largest challenges you faced today?
AP Studio Art: Working on the next batch of Concentration works and continuing to plan for the next works to come. Understand that you will have a brief presentation of the concentration works for your mid-term exam. You will have your 2 questions reviewed and retyped for the final. Your presentation and your commentary regarding others works will be your mid-term grade.
- 1.2 create art that demonstrates an understanding of how your ideas relate to the 1.2.1 materials 1.2.2 techniques 1.2.3 and processes you use
- 3.3 describe the creation of images and ideas and explain why they are of value
Looking ahead at your concentration… what works have you got planned? What do you need to do to get the work from the past semester all wrapped up and solidified? What is the meaning behind your most current concentration work? How well thought out are your answers to your 2 AP questions?