The Waterford Seven have continued to create wonderful works of art over this summer. I am truly proud of the ideas and decisions that they make in the arrangement of their visual compositions. From today’s prints to the drawings of landscape in oil pastels and marker, to the acrylic paintings, they make GREAT choices and are following some very challenging processes to their Art making. Way to go ALL! GALLERY is HERE.
#MidWeek and we’re almost DONE with the #SchoolYear
- 7:25 – 8:02
- 8:07 – 8:46
- 8:51 – 9:28
- 9:33 – 10:10
- 11:10 – 12:40
- 12:45 – 1:22
- 1:27 – 2:04
- 2:09 – 2:46
ASSEMBLY between 4 – 5
EMPTY YOUR LOCKERS THIS WEEK! Take it ALL HOME – Except what you are working on right now (and your folders).
“Every problem has in it the seeds of its own solution. If you don’t have any problems, you don’t get any seeds.” —Norman Vincent Peal
Drawing – Todd Mrozinski and YOU!
- 2.1Ac: Through experimentation, practice, and persistence, demonstrate acquisition of skills and knowledge in a chosen art form.
- What TWO things do you want to accomplish today so you are REALLY ready for the finished product? Is there time to complete ONE MORE DRAWING? The Person Made Object shadow?
Reflection: What are TWO THINGS that you see as being successful in the BEGINNING of the work you and your collaborator are doing in your respective works.
Studio Art 360: The SCULPTURES! The RUBRIC! The CRITIQUE!
- 7.1Ac: Recognize and describe personal aesthetic and empathetic responses to the natural world and constructed environments.
- What are two things about PAINTING in ACRYLIC that you have discovered and will STAY WITH YOU in the future?
Reflection: What is it that you especially enjoy about the image you are creating in your painting? How do the ideas and colors RELATE to you?
HERE’s where were headed with this! Andy Warhol at MoMA.
AP Studio Art: Collaboration
NAMETAGS HERE for your ART in the GALLERY
- 6.1Ad: Curate a collection of objects, artifacts, or artwork to impact the viewer’s understanding of social, cultural, and/or political experiences.
- As this is a GROUP SHOW, what challenges did you seeing in the process of installing the show? What’ needs work in the visual end of it all? What do you need to do to BALANCE the show?
Reflection: Is the show hung? Are your name-tags made? Are your images shot (maybe you make photos of your section of the gallery and display them in your website.) What are your feelings – what do you stand back and look at specifically and say with pride “I made that.”
Advanced Drawing: Individualized SERIES
- 7.1Ad: Analyze how responses to art develop over time based on knowledge of and experience with art and life.
- LOOK AT YOUR IDEAS and see what you are doing in the project. What are your inspirations in the world and in the project?
Reflection: You had a lot to think about today… What did you take a away? Look at the ORIGINAL IDEAS and look at your NEW SERIES of works… what’s happening?
#Changes – #BeTheChange you want to see!
“If you don’t like change, you’ll like irrelevance even less” General Eric Shinsek
AP Studio Art: Prepare for the AP FINAL on WEDNESDAY!
- 4.2Ad: Critique, justify, and present choices in the process of analyzing, selecting, curating, and presenting artwork for a specific exhibit or event.
- What are your answers to your AP Online uploads? Are they concise? Are they thorough? Do they answer the questions effectively?
Are you ready for Wednesday – both online and on mounting boards?
Advanced Drawing: Gesture Drawing to warm up – Longer drawing tomorrow!
- G: 2.1Ad: Experiment, plan, and make multiple works of art and design that explore a personally meaningful theme, idea, or concept.
- What was successful in the series of drawings you did yesterday? How did the STRONGEST DRAWING stand out among the rest of them? Mark making? Line? Variation?
TOMORROW – LONGER FIGURE DRAWINGS – What are 3 STRENGTHS you had today? What is the BIGGEST CHALLENGE you faced today?
Drawing: Get BACK to the Drawing – This week is IT!
- G: 1.1Ac: Individually or collaboratively formulate new creative problems based on student’s existing artwork.
- After ONE WEEK of pastels, what is your STRONGEST aspect of the composition? Describe WHY you feel it is working so well.
How do you feel about the work you accomplished today? What has changed in how you are looking at using Soft Pastels?
Studio Art 360: Paint – this week is the END – Wednesday – then to mount and evaluate.
- 1.2P: Shape an artistic investigation of an aspect of present-day life using a contemporary practice of art or design.
- How are you EMPHASIZING the idea of PRODUCT or YOU as you create this artwork? N: Color mixing with acrylic paints – obtaining neutral grey.
Why is it easier for you to use YOUR ideas rather than MY ideas to make YOUR artwork?.