“Power will accomplish much, but perseverance more.” — William Scott Downey
l hour 7:25 – 8:05
2 hour 8:10 – 8:50
3 hour 8:55 – 9:30
4 hour 9:35 – 10:15
6 hour 10:20 -11:00
5A Lunch 11:00 – 11:30
5B Lunch 11:30 – 12:00
5C Lunch 12:05 – 12:35
7 hour 12:40- 1:20
8 hour 1:25 – 2:00
2:00pm Assembly in big gym
- (1.2.2 and 3) Create 2 point perspective drawings that demonstrate an understanding of how your ideas relate to technique and process.
- (5.1) Identify the intentions and purposes in creating 2 point perspective / Values.
7th Hour – Same Goals – Different Activity:
- Consider the images of the city / neighborhood / Interior of Room that you looked at yesterday in class. The images are available HERE also.
- What ideas can you develop for the THEME of your city? How can you incorporate it into the drawing? Work in your sketchbook if you have to.
- How are you going to include all of the images / ideas that are required into your drawing?
- What is the FOCAL POINT of your drawing? What is the main focus you are going to focus on and how will it relate to the other aspects in the city / neighborhood / interior room?
- TODAY – work to get at least the 5 required buildings / large shapes into the space provided. NOT THE DETAILS but rather the basics, the walls, the height, the depth… how does one building relate to the buildings around it?
- If you can, begin to work in the SIDEWALKS or its comparison in the interior drawing. How does it fill the space? How does it interact with your buildings? How BIG or SMALL are they int he space provided?
- LINK TO REQUIREMENTS: HERE as well as the handouts that have been provided.
END OF CLASS: Review with neighbors the progress of the chiaroscuro and the proper use of 2 point perspective. What are the big challenges you are facing with the buildings?
- 1.2 create art that demonstrates an understanding of how your ideas relate to the 1.2.1 materials and 1.2.2 techniques
- 2.2 evaluate the effectiveness of artworks
Day two in the hallways with oil pastels for sure… what is the challenge NOT working in the space of the studio?
AP Studio Art
- 1.2 Evaluate and defend the validity of the sources for content (D)
- 2.3 Create artworks that use organizational structures and functions to solve specific visual art problems
What do you need to do over the weekend to be successful in the process of making quality art? SELF – EVALUATION – write up Execution Evaluation, Composition Evaluation, Character Evaluation. Consider the work you have done and EVALUATE progress.