“Never tell a young person that anything cannot be done. God may have been waiting centuries for someone ignorant enough of the impossible to do that very thing.” — John Andrew Holmes
Painting and Advanced Painting: PAINTS are ORDERED!
- 2.1Ac: Through experimentation, practice, and persistence, demonstrate acquisition of skills and knowledge in a chosen art form.
- What is ONE aspect of working in OIL PAINTS that you feel is working to your advantage in this first challenging oil painting?
Reflection / Evaluation: What was your biggest success as you worked through the class period today?
Studio Art 360: SKETCHBOOKS and HALLWAYS?
- 2.1P: Engage in making a work of art or design without having a preconceived plan.
- What is one skill that you feel working on the sketchbooks has helped you become better at over the course of the year?
Reflection / Evaluation: While we may not be able to LOOK at the hallways outside of class time to resolve this drawing… what CAN you do in order to polish this idea of perspective in the hallway? How can you make this a STRONG composition as a FINISHED drawing?
AP Studio Art: TALKING ART ONE MORE DAY!
- 4.2Ad: Critique, justify, and present choices in the process of analyzing, selecting, curating, and presenting artwork for a specific exhibit or event.
- What was helpful about 1) seeing your work from a distance and 2) hearing what others thought about the work you created
Reflection / Evaluation: What is something that you took away from the critique today – whether it be about YOUR work or about another person’s work.
Drawing: Hip-Hop and Fauvism… the Hip-Hop its time.
- 1.1Ac: Individually or collaboratively formulate new creative problems based on student’s existing artwork.
- What are TWO Elements of Art that you are EMPHASIZING as you create this work of art?
Reflection / Evaluation: Look even MORE carefully at your drawing – what is ONE MORE ELEMENT of ART that you could see as developing as a subordinate element?