“Never feel shame for trying and failing, for he who never failed is he who never tried.” – Og Mandino
Painting and Advanced Painting: Painting and Color Schemes
- 2.1Ac: Through experimentation, practice, and persistence, demonstrate acquisition of skills and knowledge in a chosen art form.
- Yesterday was a new start for some of you. What are your concerns about the process of painting with Acrylics?
Reflection / Evaluation: What CHALLENGES did you face today? How did you go about SOLVING that challenge?
Studio Art 360: Collage and Texture – Romare Bearden
- 1.1P: Use multiple approaches to begin creative endeavors.
- Looking at the ROMARE BEARDEN collage on the screen, what do you think this work is about? WHY? Please work with your neighbor on answering this question.
Reflection / Evaluation: What is the most challenging aspect to creating a collaborative work of art? What did you feel will be helpful in working with a classmate? What did you feel will be a challenge?
AP Studio Art: Figure Drawing Critique – OPEN CANVAS CALENDAR!
- 3.1Ad: Reflect on, re-engage, revise, and refine works of art or design considering relevant traditional and contemporary criteria as well as personal artistic vision.
- What did the NEW ADDITION of TIME with the figure drawing do to help you better realize the image / composition you created? How did the PROCESS help you?
Reflection / Evaluation: As you look back on the development of your composition, what are especially satisfied about? What are 3 things that you feel are successful compositionally? What did you add to the critique?
Drawing: MID CRIT – Look at the RUBRIC
- 7.1Ac: Recognize and describe personal aesthetic and empathetic responses to the natural world and constructed environments.
- Looking at your classmates work – what’s the BEST Thing you see? Write it out – name and all – then at SOME POINT TODAY – go and tell them.
- Neue Gallery – Degenerate Art – Read Aloud: http://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2014/mar/13/degenerate-art-attack-modern-art-nazi-germany-review-neue-galerie
Reflection / Evaluation: How does your art compare with the work of “professionals” and how can you work to create a better understanding of your approach / intent / ideas?