Happy Youth Art Month – Do you know who really cut off Vincent Van Gogh’s Ear? His good friend and roommate, French artist Paul Gaugin.
Welcome to the Art Room – Clyfford Still – Our NEWLY NAMED Beta Fish!
AP Studio Art and Advanced Drawing: Book Binding
- 1.2Ad: Choose from a range of materials and methods of traditional and contemporary artistic practices, following or breaking established conventions, to plan the making of multiple works of art and design based on a theme, idea, or concept.
- What would MAKING YOUR OWN SKETCHBOOK / JOURNAL do for you as a place to create your ideas and practice your skills? Would it matter to you in regards to the importance of the process?
What comes to mind when you KNOW that you are going to be building a book for your own use? Images / Visuals / Cover?
Drawing: Oil Pastels!
- 1.2Ac: Choose from a range of materials and methods of traditional and contemporary artistic practices to plan works of art and design.
- What has THREE DAYS off done for you to REST from the Work? NOW… Take your work out – DON’T look at it. Hang it up, step back – WRITE OUT THE FIRST THINGS THAT COME TO MIND. 3 things!
How does this work relate to 1) Kandinsky and his movements? 2) Your song? We are going to be WRITING an ARTIST STATEMENT and PHOTOGRAPHING this work Friday and NEXT WEEK (in the computer lab). Be prepared to provide writing that is DONE! ALSO – FIND YOUR SONG ON YOUTUBE!
By The Way… Share your STILL LIFE DRAWINGS by visiting them HERE.
Kandinsky at MAM – HERE
Studio Art 360: Romare Bearden and Social Commentary
- 1.2P: Shape an artistic investigation of an aspect of present-day life using a contemporary practice of art or design.
- What challenges do you think you will face as it comes to the idea of an INTERESTING collage?
Name 3 images you collected today that will help you communicate your message?