Waterford Union High School Art Fund Scholarship
Selection process – Interested applicants will fill out the application form and click submit (application form and / or link to it in a different window) is at the bottom of this page. The applications will be given to the Art Fund College Scholarship Committee. The committee will select 2 senior art students (at the discretion of the art department) that will be pursuing an art career to each receive a $500 scholarship. Distribution of this scholarship is at the discretion of the art department.
The selection committee will be considering the following:
- Artistic accomplishments and participation in art related activities.
- Artistic leadership in art in class and within the school environment.
- Artistic achievement with a 3.33 GPA in all art courses.
- Scholastic achievement with a 2.5 GPA for 7 semesters.
The Art Activity Scholarship Fund may award two (2) art scholarships for five hundred dollars ($500) each.
Criteria for the Waterford Union High School Art Scholarship:
- Any graduating senior who has been an art student at Waterford Union High School for at least 4 semesters and plan to pursue an art related career upon graduation.
- Artist must have completed four (4) semesters of art with a 3.33 GPA in art during four years at WUHS.
- Artist must have a 2.5 cumulative GPA for 7 semesters.
- Must plan to attend an accredited college, university, junior college, community college or technical school. Student must attend selected school within 15 months of high school graduation.
- Application must be completed and submitted to the guidance office. The application will include student information and art involvement at Waterford Union High School.
- The scholarship money will be paid to the student when the student shows proof that s/he has enrolled in 2nd semester.
- The scholarship must be redeemed within 2 school years of graduation date from Waterford Union High School.
- Submission of 4 art pieces produced as a student at WUHS.
- Submission of a unique and accurately designed and labeled color wheel.