“What difference does it make whether you’re looking at a photograph or looking at a still life in front of you? You still have to look.” Chuck Close
Art Foundations: AVANT Garde Metals work – MAKING day!
- G: 1.2P: Shape an artistic investigation of an aspect of present-day life using a contemporary practice of art or design.
- A: How have you planned on assembling the metals works that you have now gotten from the etchings? Today is a VERY solid day to work on the assembling of the pieces. This and a process that NEEDS your focus. WHAT – after looking at what has been already been etched – do you plan on working on today?
- G: What did you accomplish today that helped get you to a spot where you are going to be able to ASSEMBLE the work next time?
Intro to Painting: Collage and Watercolors – Time to Transfer the image and PAINT.
- G: 2.3Ac: Redesign an object, system, place, or design in response to contemporary issues.
- A: What are the challenges you are facing with the watercolor paintings SO far? We are doing a MID CRITIQUE next time – so make the most of the time you have today to paint.
- G: What have you accomplished with the process today? What are you thinking of doing OUTSIDE of studio to have work to a stage you are PROUD to do a mid critique with? Will you be ready with what you have right now?
Advanced Painting: Built the canvas and LET’S GET PAINTING! Time to start with the materials…
- Understanding of the importance of balancing freedom and responsibility in the use of images, materials, tools, and equipment in the creation and circulation of creative work.
- A: It is your day to PAINT. Please open your handbooks to page 10 and write out what you are planning on STARTING with today and 3 things that you are hoping to accomplish with the artwork.
- G: What have you gotten accomplished today to have demonstrated your STRONG PROGRESS FORWARD with your VERY FIRST oil painting.
Have you been looking at the MoMA Series? I can’t spend enough time with them all. Play them in the background! Let’s take a few minutes on our own to watch this ENTIRE video (QUESTIONS HERE – Turn them in via a SHARE with my email – email@example.com – DUE Friday at 11:59pm)
Click HERE to see works from the past.
Intro to Digital Art: The Masterpiece is being wrapped up… Let’s insert it into the Google Slide Show today.
- G: 5.1Ac: Evaluate, select, and apply methods or processes appropriate to display artwork in a specific place.
- A: Today we are going to Work to RESOLVE the Modernism Image. What BIG AREAS do you need to work on in this work. Sit with a NEIGHBOR – just one) and, with your handbooks in hand – page 11) write out three things – tools – techniques – that you have really found useful in this first experimental project.
- G: What have you accomplished today and what do you need to do in order to resolve the work for next time – We would like to be DONE so we can move forward into Corporate ID design.
Advanced Digital Art: Let’s REFLECT with MORE time than LAST time…
- G: 3.1Ad: Reflect on, re-engage, revise, and refine works of art or design considering relevant traditional and contemporary criteria as well as personal artistic vision.
- FINISH OUR MID CRIT: Mid Crit – Let’s FINISH talking about the process of doing a mid critique… What are 3 things about YOUR WORK that you are struggling with? What are 2 things you are pleased with and why? What is 1 thing you are REALLY stuck on and have a solid question about?
- G: What are 3 things that you took away from this MID CRIT today that will help you resolve some issues for next time?