“Goals are the fuel in the furnace of achievement.” Brian Tracy, Eat that Frog
Art Foundations: AVANT Garde Designs and Wearable Art
- G: 1.2P: Shape an artistic investigation of an aspect of present-day life using a contemporary practice of art or design.
- A: What designs did you come up with for the BALANCE plans? Take 2 minutes to share your ideas with your neighbors and get some feedback about them. What are 3 things that are strong and successful? We begin with more CHALLENGING ideas now – More AVANT GARDE ideas. How are you going to ETCH and how are you going to RIVET? What about JUMP RINGS?
- G: What are your plans for the metal? We will be etching and riveting to create a work of wearable art. What are your plans? What have you accomplished today in the planning of the work and preparation of the work? Are you ready for the next step?
Intro to Painting: Collage and Watercolors – Time to Transfer the image and PAINT.
- G: 2.3Ac: Redesign an object, system, place, or design in response to contemporary issues
- A: How has the gathering of images HELPED or CHALLENGED you in the creation of a composition visually and / or telling a story – about yourself? N: Images of 3 watercolor artists – storytelling? What would YOU say is happening in the images?
- G: What does your composition say about you? How might others read the images you have gathered and assembled?
Advanced Painting: Build the canvas and LET’S GET PAINTING!
- G:1.2Ad: Choose from a range of materials and methods of traditional and contemporary artistic practices, following or breaking established conventions, to plan the making of multiple works of art and design based on a theme, idea, or concept.
- A: What are the largest and most DOMINANT LINES you see in your drawing of the hallways? These are the lines that we are going to be looking at as the FOCAL POINT / DOMINANT LINES to build our next work off of.
- G: How easy or difficult was it for you to begin simplifying the space and shapes of your drawings? What challenges do see as you continue? Know that the use of color in the work will be used to create a MOOD / EMOTIONAL response to the space that you are representing with your abstraction.
Click HERE to see works from the past to help get you inspired for today!
Intro to Digital Art: Welcome to YOU! Let’s look at the ideas of YOU!
- G: 2.1Ac: Through experimentation, practice, and persistence, demonstrate acquisition of skills and knowledge in a chosen art form.
- A: Of all the tools that you experimented with, what ONE did you really like using, was something that you feel will be of the most use to you perhaps? Start to create your recreation drawing of the famous work of art that uses a wide variety of shape tools and at least 5 layers (to practice the idea of Layers) in the NON-OBJECTIVE Drawing.
- G: Next time we are working on this experiment and learning about the cutting and joining. What challenges did you have with the work today? Who is your artist and why are you engaged with their work?
Advanced Digital Art: Let’s REFLECT with MORE time than LAST time…
- G: 2.2Ad: Demonstrate understanding of the importance of balancing freedom and responsibility in the use of images, materials, tools, and equipment in the creation and circulation of creative work.
- A: It is time to work on the designs in whatever program you are going to be using. We will be having a MID CRITIQUE coming up SOON. How are you going to start. Review the requirements for Adobe Photoshop and Resolution as well as Adobe Illustrator and size. Write out ONE question that you have for me about the programs.
- G: What are 3 things that you accomplished today in the creation of the designs? What do you plan on STARTING with next time?