Art Foundations: Social Commentary, Collage, and now… POETRY!
- G: 6.1P: Analyze and describe the impact that an exhibition or collection has on personal awareness of social, cultural, or political beliefs and understandings.
- A: What are three things that you wrote about that really stand out from your collage now that you have begun writing your poem. THESE ARE THINGS THAT YOU CAN USE IN YOUR FINAL POEM.
- G: You have TONIGHT to finish the ONLINE SLIDESHOW – What is the BIGGEST Message in your Collage and Poem? Explain the way your collage and poem CLEARLY communicate that.
- Romare Bearden Foundation HERE.
- Social Commentary SlideShow HERE.
- Social Commentary Assignment HERE.
Introduction to Painting: Acrylic and the Still Life
- G: 2.1Ac: Through experimentation, practice, and persistence, demonstrate acquisition of skills and knowledge in a chosen art form.
- A: Acrylic Painting Techniques. Now we begin with acrylic paintings – DAY 2. What objects have you brought in today for the still life. We are going to work on our canvas with the variety of techniques that are in the handout about techniques. We are going to do 4 small paintings of a SINGLE OBJECT to get familiar with the techniques and then move into the final paintings in 2 days. Jude Rae is the artist we are going to explore for a while here. Let’s take a look at her works.
- G: What are your thoughts about the works you have sketched / painted out today?
Introduction to Digital Art: Portraits and the Camera – Time to talk about PHOTOSHOP. Let’s Paint, Draw, Gradient, Layer, and so much more!
- G: 1.1Ac: Individually or collaboratively formulate new creative problems based on student’s existing artwork.
- A: Two more class periods to work on the self-portraits. This is an illustration that you are creating – the portrait photograph will not belong in the final image. At the end of the period NEXT TIME we will submit through a FOLDER in Google Classroom and then do a self – assessment. Think about the tools that you were able to learn and use that were NEW to you and that were SIMILAR from Adobe Illustrator.
- G: Continue to work with the self – portrait from last time in Adobe Photoshop. Think about the next work of art and remember that you are going to be working with “Literature.” If you DO NOT HAVE SOMETHING WITH YOU, I will supply you with a work from your English Class (which is fine if you’d like by the way, you are reading it in class).
- “LITERATURE.” How are you making strong artistic choices (look at the Artist Habits of Mind to make a reflection on here).
- Remember the NEXT work of art will be an illustration of another work of art – LITERATURE!
- Here is the set of instructions for the PORTRAITS