#28: An idea is only as good as its execution. It is important that you master your medium. Poorly made work will either ruin a good idea or make the lamentable execution itself the subject. Overly finessed technique can mask a lack of content or can smother an image. At the same time, roughness and imprecision has its place in rendering. One can only gauge the need to throw technique away if one has first achieved the mastery of it. Kit White 101 Things I Learned in Art School
Art Foundations: SOCIAL COMMENTARY and COLLAGE!
- G: 10.1P: Document the process of developing ideas from early stages to fully elaborated ideas.
- A: What are you doing to SUCCESSFULLY create a REAL sense of SPACE in your COMPOSITION? This is the last day to cut and paste into the collage. WRAP it up TODAY!NExt time we RUBRIC and move into the CERAMICS, SCULPTURE, and MANIPULATION approach to the artworks.
- G: How have you been able to think about your artwork being something that CAN affect how someone who looks at your work and their ideas about your SOCIAL TOPIC?
Romare Bearden Foundation HERE.
Social Commentary SlideShow HERE.
Social Commentary Assignment HERE.
Introduction to Painting: Plein Air – I hope you dressed WARM TODAY!
- 7.2Ac: Evaluate the effectiveness of an image or images to influence ideas, feelings, and behaviors of specific audiences.
- 2.1Ac: Through experimentation, practice, and persistence, demonstrate acquisition of skills and knowledge in a chosen art form.
- What are the things you need to do today to work out the requirements that this book assignment is going to require. If you do not have 7 – 11 paintings you have some work to do this weekend.
- What did you take away from the drawing experience last week? What strengths did you see in your drawing? What challenges did you face going outside of the studio?
PLEIN AIR handmade sketchbook assignment is HERE
David Hockney’s Sketchbooks HERE.
Introduction to Digital Art:
- G: 1.1Ac: Individually or collaboratively formulate new creative problems based on student’s existing artwork.
- A: Link to Syllabus HERE: What are the portraits that you have brought in (or saved up to your GOOGLE DRIVE?) One should be a SELFIE, one should be a friend of yours, one should be an adult that you know. You HAVE to be the one making the photograph.
- What have you accomplished with the ideas in PHOTOSHOP that were similar to the ideas of the other Adobe Products?