REMEMBER THIS FOLKS! http://www.artlex.com/ArtLex/ij/images/imagination_einstein.gif
NEW PAGE on KORB’s Website: Facial Features!
- 2.1Ac: Through experimentation, practice, and persistence, demonstrate acquisition of skills and knowledge in a chosen art form.
- Take a look at your previous week’s works – where did you struggle? How do you use the ideas of chiaroscuro to better define the ideas of form?
Reflection: What was the most challenging way to draw? Why was this most difficult way to go? What is most important about drawing when it comes to observation?
Studio Art 360: Clay
SKETCHBOOK DUE NEXT TUESDAY: Using a camera ON YOUR OWN TIME THIS WEEK – RECREATE a famous painting, sculpture, drawing… Print out the photograph that you have created and also include the famous work of art that you were inspired by. Here are a few examples: Student Examples: https://goo.gl/Tvwv4X
- 1.2P: Shape an artistic investigation of an aspect of present-day life using a contemporary practice of art or design.
- What challenges did you have in getting started last week on Friday with the clay? REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS ARTWORK: Subtractive, Additive, and Manipulation to the clay. These techniques are REQUIRED in the FINAL Sculpture.
- ALSO – Let’s Look at the DRAWINGS of Henry Moore Sculpture Ideas – HERE
Reflection: What was the largest success you have in today’s work? Take a look at the rest of the classes work BEFORE we clean up. PAUSE 10 minutes before the end of class.
AP Studio Art: Portfolio
- 4.2Ad: Critique, justify, and present choices in the process of analyzing, selecting, curating, and presenting artwork for a specific exhibit or event.
- What are the best works you have in your portfolio and how do they represent the abilities that you possess? What have you said about the works that you have uploaded as your concentration?
Reflection: As last week – what do you need to complete so that you have a complete portfolio by Friday? List the them. Online too. Please REREAD your answers to the two AP online questions and review them for tomorrow. REALLY!
Advanced Drawing: Skeleton
- 2.1Ad: Experiment, plan, and make multiple works of art and design that explore a personally meaningful theme, idea, or concept.
- What is the longest bone in the body? How can you use your understanding of the figure to HELP you figure out proportions AS you are drawing?
Reflection: What aspect of the skull did you draw today that can help you understand the drawing of the head as you move forward in the idea of figure drawing?