“Never tell a young person that anything cannot be done. God may have been waiting centuries for someone ignorant enough of the impossible to do that very thing.” — John Andrew Holmes
Painting and Advanced Painting: PAINTS are HERE!
- 10.1Ac: Utilize inquiry methods of observation, research, and experimentation to explore unfamiliar subjects through art-making.
- What differences, likes, preferences do you now FEEL / HAVE about ACRYLIC Paints and OIL Paints or WATERCOLOR Paints?
Reflection / Evaluation: What are your thoughts about the painting as you have had a few / couple of days working on your portrait? Explain your thoughts to your classmate before you pack up today
Studio Art 360: Color Schemes – WORK TIME – YEAH!
- 3.1P: Apply relevant criteria from traditional and contemporary cultural contexts to examine, reflect on, and plan revisions for works of art and design in progress.
- Why is it important for an artist to choose colors CAREFULLY as they are developing a composition / artwork? What might the RIGHT colors do in an image versus the “wrong” colors?
Reflection / Evaluation: Review with neighbors the two NEW color relationships we talked aobut today. When you look in your closet… what COLORS do you think you have the most of hanging? Why do you think that you have more of that color than others?
AP Studio Art: MOVING ON – Concentration!
- 2.2Ad: Demonstrate understanding of the importance of balancing freedom and responsibility in the use of images, materials, tools, and equipment in the creation and circulation of creative work.
- What is the biggest (or two) Element / Principle you are using in your work this week? Explain in SPECIFICS – Use your individual pieces to explain.
Reflection / Evaluation: 3 things that were successful today in your three NEW works?
Drawing: RAISE THE ROOF, it’s Hip-Hop time.
- 1.1Ac: Individually or collaboratively formulate new creative problems based on student’s existing artwork.
- After ONE SOLID + WEEK of pastels, what is your STRONGEST aspect of the composition? Describe WHY you feel it is working so well.
Reflection / Evaluation: How do you feel about the work you accomplished today? What has changed in how you are looking at using Soft Pastels?