#WiArtChat is on TWITTER NEEDS your INPUT! Please visit goo.gl/UvXgQM
“Go and make interesting mistakes, make amazing mistakes, make glorious and fantastic mistakes. Break rules. Leave the world more interesting for your being here. Make. Good. Art.” ~ Neil Gaiman
Painting and Advanced Painting: CANVAS Building
- 7.1Ac: Recognize and describe personal aesthetic and empathetic responses to the natural world and constructed environments.
- Looking at the TOOLS in front of you and TALKING with your classmates, what is the BASIC PROCESS of cutting the lengths of wood for your stretcher? What is one question you have about the process of building a canvas?
- ONE ADDITION TO THE HANDOUT – RESEARCH A CONTEMPORARY PORTRAIT ARTIST and have VISUAL REFERENCES TO THEIR WORK IN YOUR WORK!
Reflection / Evaluation: What stage are you at in the process of building the canvas? How can you offer assistance in the process with your classmates.
Studio Art 360: SHOES and ARCHITECTURE!
- 1.2P: Shape an artistic investigation of an aspect of present-day life using a contemporary practice of art or design.
- AS you used OBSERVATION in your SCULPTURAL DRAWINGS – how can you use the SAME ideas in a LESS than GEOMETRIC Drawing? What skills are you STRONG with and what skills do you LACK?
Reflection / Evaluation: Look ta today’s drawing – what is the STRONGEST ASPECT of it? What do you need to work on for TUESDAY of NEXT WEEK?
AP Studio Art: Concentration!
Have you looked at the AP Studio Art Portfolio for Inspiration? Here are the AP Studio Art Portfolio Example Pages.
- 2.1Ad: Experiment, plan, and make multiple works of art and design that explore a personally meaningful theme, idea, or concept.
- With three works due WEDNESDAY (Thursday Really) – what are steps that you can make to be CERTAIN that you will be ready to LEAD a critique on Thursday? We need to continue working at a quicker pace… lots to do yet…
Reflection / Evaluation: What is the ONE THREAD that your AP READER might see as they look at the 3 works you have (or are working on) that will tie things together?
Drawing: Google Slideshow
- 2.1Ac: Through experimentation, practice, and persistence, demonstrate acquisition of skills and knowledge in a chosen art form.
- Take a look at your previous 3 day’s works – where did you struggle the most with the idea of the facial features? Where did you succeed the most?
Reflection / Evaluation: What was the most challenging part of the face for you to draw? Why was this most difficult way to go? What is most important about drawing when it comes to observation?