What is Art? Agnes Martin “Art is the concrete representation of our most subtle feelings.” Art In America (p.124, 1996)
1. 7:25 – 8:05
2. 8:10 – 8:50
3. 8:55 – 9:30
4. 9:35 – 10:15
6. 10:20 – 11:00
5A. 11:05 – 11:35
5B. 11:35 – 12:05
5C. 12:05 – 12:35
7. 12:40 – 1:20
8. 1:25 – 2:00
Assembly 2:05 – 2:46
AP Studio Art: Concentration!
- Critical Thinking, Problem Solving, and Decision Making (Students use critical thinking skills to plan and conduct research, manage projects, solve problems, and make informed decisions using appropriate digital tools and resources.)
- As you look at the CURRENT images you are making, what is NEW and INNOVATIVE about them that we HAVEN’T SEEN in the past works? Give 3 examples with explanations.
How did the hour go? Anything come from the one – on – one conversations with Mr. Korb?
Advanced Drawing:Discussion of Composition and Meaning.
- 1.2Ad: Choose from a range of materials and methods of traditional and contemporary artistic practices, following or breaking established conventions, to plan the making of multiple works of art and design based on a theme, idea, or concept.
A: How are you doing in the process? Where are you pleased? Where are you still struggling? BE SPECIFIC HERE!
Reflect and WORK! One more class day – MAKE PHOTOGRAPHS.
Drawing: Color and Shape and MEANING!
By The Way… Share your STILL LIFE DRAWINGS by visiting them HERE.
- 1.2Ac: Choose from a range of materials and methods of traditional and contemporary artistic practices to plan works of art and design.
- What ONE bit of theory has stuck with you as we have talked about the works and ideas of Wassily Kandinsky? Can you use any of his ideas on color and shape in your work as it is developed?
What NEW ideas do you have about COLOR and Shape in the art you are creating now that we have had some conversation and learning about the ideas of Wassily Kandinsky?
Studio Art 360: Develop Compositions for Final Drawing.
- 7.1P: Hypothesize ways in which art influences perception and understanding of human experiences.
- What are THREE areas in your still life drawing that are in need of Attention today?
Look back on the THREE areas of improvement, how did you do? Choose one and write 3 sentences about the success or failure!
How about COMPSITIONS? Looking for ideas? Let’s Look HERE!