“Failing isn’t bad when you learn what not to do.” — Albert Einstein
Studio Art 360 – BAS RELIEF SCULPTURE! Lincoln Monument Bas Relief.
- 1.2P: Shape an artistic investigation of an aspect of present-day life using a contemporary practice of art or design.
- What has been your FAVORITE or LEAST FAVORITE part of working with clay. Please tell me WHY you LOVE or DON’T LOVE using this material. Please be specific.
What do you see as needing to be RESOLVED for the end of the project TOMORROW? Know that it is the LAST day to work. PAUSE 10 minutes before the end of class.
Painting – Finish the MID Crit – “I don’t want to do a mid-crit – I’m not DONE!” PAINTINGS by the WUHS Painting Class – HERE!
- 3.1Ac: Engage in constructive critique with peers, then reflect on, re-engage, revise, and refine works of art and design in response to personal artistic vision.
- How did you take FIRST HALF of the mid crit yesterday? What does the critique REALLY do to help you with your work? Stop and THINK ABOUT THIS. Do not just blow this off… why is the reflection important and helpful in the LEARNING?
What is the part of the painting that helps to UNIFY it all? Are you using LINES to unify the work? Are you using COLOR to unify it all? Are you using something else? Take a moment and look at the work from a distance and consider if it is unified? EXPLAIN.
AP Studio Art – CRIT TIME!
Tonight at MIDNIGHT CHAPTER 6 is due in Art and Fear Blog. Who’s NOT READING?
- 2.1Ad: Experiment, plan, and make multiple works of art and design that explore a personally meaningful theme, idea, or concept.
- What can you talk to Mr. Korb about regarding your new works in concentration? Take a moment and write out a brief thought. Let’s get focused.
How did / are your new ideas coming along? Any PROBLEMS that you see coming up right away?